Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Hawaii or Bora Bora?

Which would you pick? My FI and I still have about a year but we are looking into either of these places and its such a hard decision. Has anyone been to both and prefer one over the other?
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hawaii or Bora Bora?

• Options
    If I had the choice I would choose Bora Bora! We are dying to go!!! 

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2010
    We went to Maui and it was absolute heaven--wouldn't change a thing!

That being said, the one girl on my local board who I have honeymoon envy for went to Bora Bora.  And it looked fabulous.

I couldn't get my husband interested--he says it doesn't look like there is much to do there.  I don't know if this is true or not.  It was my dream to go to Hawaii anyway so I didn't argue.
  • Options
    We went to Bora Bora for our honeymoon and had a great time! That being said, it is a very quiet place and there is not that much to do...it was perfect for me because I wanted to get away from all the craziness after the wedding and just want to relax. There are things to do (jet ski, island picnic, 4x4, helicopter tour, etc), but not as much as Hawaii.

If you are looking for the restaurants/nightlife/ tons of shopping, and lots of activities, then Hawaii might be a better option.

If you are looking for a relaxing honeymoon, with some activities, then Bora Bora would be a good option.

Either way you'll have a great tim! :)
  • Options
    Thanks girls! Im thinking probably HI for honeymoon then since it will prob be longer and we will have the option to do activities, or just relax on the beach. Then we can do Bora Bora for a regular vacation when we wont be going as long since there isnt as much to do. Thanks for the suggestions :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We plan on going to Bora Bora (1 week) and Moorea (1 week) for our honeymoon.  I figured we wouldn't spend $$$ like this for a regular trip and my never get a chance to go there again. 
  • Options
    I would say Bora Bora. I have been to Hawaii and LOVEEEEED it, but if I had a chance to go to Bora Bora, I would go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards