Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Bridal Salon Review

So I had my big shopping day yesterday and had good experiences at both locations.

Sorrelle Bridal- The shop was clean, well decorated, and very nice overall. My consultant, Michael, was incredibly helpful. She was patient and listened to what I liked and didn't like. I thought they had a fairly nice selection of various dress shapes. She wasn't pushy at all about closing the sale, but I thought the woman that came in to help accessorize me was a bit more forthcoming. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

MB Bride - It was crazy busy because they had a trunk sale yesterday so my consultant (Linda) was running behind. The bride's mother before me decided to try and buy a dress after they closed the brides sale. I was pretty annoyed, but we quickly got back on track. I was seeking a mermaid gown and thought that the selection for them was fairly limited. I saw a lot of ball gowns and A-lines. While they had a lot of dresses, I wasn't wow'ed by many. None-the-less, I did find my dress!  It had lots of texture, hugged my curves, and had a pinch of classic with vintage feeling.

Here's a pic of me

So glad I can check that off the list :-)

Re: Bridal Salon Review

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is no pic in the post?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry, should've noted. Click on "me" in that sentence

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks beautiful...I haven't seen anything quite like it!  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful dress - congrats on finding "the one"!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    yuengling58yuengling58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PM me if you want details, but be careful with the alterations department there! I had a very scary first fitting but the manager completely fixed everything thankfully!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

thanks, ladies!

Robyann, YGM :-)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had a good experience at Sorelle.  I had a horrible experience there.  So far, though, it seems other people have had good experiences.   I just don't think the smaller salons are for me -- and it totally proves that one person could hate a place and another person could love it.

When I told them my budget, I was somewhat scoffed at and met with a lot of hesitation as if they had no dresses for that price (I didn't think my budget was terribly low since every dress I had tried on up to that point was under the dollar amount I told her!).  They then proceeded to bring out 15 - 20 dresses that were way under the budget (why didn't they just say "ok... this is what we have..." when I said my budget?!?!).  I wasn't thrilled with any of the dresses, though, and I didn't stay long.  They were not very willing to work with me.

Glad you found your dress, though.  I had a GREAT experience at MB Bride -- and it was nuts when I went, too.  I'm not done searching, but narrowed it down to two @ MB.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Melinda911Melinda911 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you are considering a second dress for the reception, check out the clearance rack at MB! I got a beautiful silk gown that was originally $900, marked down to $100!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it! The texture, beading on top, and gathering at the side is gorgeous, and it suits you so well. Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a beautiful gown and the details are fabulous!  Good luck on finding "the one".  It's such a great feeling when you just know it's meant for you:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty! Yay for finding "the one", is it beginning to feel real now?
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful! You look gorgeous in the dress - it is unique and i just love it! Congrats on this very important check!!
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous! I love the gathering at the waist and the detail on the bodice! Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards