Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Soft rock first dance songs

My FI and I would like to do a soft rock song, but all we keep coming up with is country songs. Anyone know of some good soft alternative rock songs for our first dance?

Re: Soft rock first dance songs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't really have a useful answer, when I think of soft rock I just realized I think of journey or air supply, probably not what your wanting Wink
  • Options
    CutieCarusoCutieCaruso member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe: First day of my life- Bright Eyes
                  You and me- Dave Matthews Band
                   She's got a way about her- Billy Joel
                  Better Together- Jack Johnson
                  Shelter- Ray LaMontage
                  I will follow you into the Dark- Death Cab for Cutie
                 Come Away with me- Norah Jones
                  Lover Lay Down- Dave Matthews Band

our first dance is going to be "Make you feel by Love" by Adele
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oooo...i LOVE first day of my life (bright eyes)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Van Morrison - Crazy Love. It's really easy to dance to as well.
    My Planning Website Tied The Knot on 12-4-10! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are dancing to Avenged Sevenfold Warmness on the Soul.  It is our song and has been since we got together so we thought it was fitting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are dancing to When I Look Into Your Eyes by Firehouse

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 197 invited to celebrate!
    image 187 Are ready to party! image 10 Are missing out! image 0 Make me stalk the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: September 2nd
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are dancing to Van Morrison - "Into The Mystic"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, interesting. My FI and I were thinking of dancing to I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie, and I was concerned it would be a little too depressing. I love that song, but the lyrics are kind of heavy, even if the music itself is not. I'm glad to see it on your list, like maybe we're not so crazy for thinking it would be good for our first dance!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ SkettiHeadie : were doing A Little More by Skillet for our recessional (thats when we walk up the isle?). I wanted to do it for our first dance but FI really wanted to do Never Gonna Be Alone by Nickleback, so thats out plan!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lauren1113lauren1113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just told that the song I like for our first dance is not the song he likes.  I assumed we woud dance to Let's Stay Together by Al Green.  Now I am back to the drawing board.
    I was so happy to just see I will follow you into the dark by Death Cab.  I thought the same thing MJRS2011 just said about it being too "dark" glad I am not the only one thinking about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards