Oregon

ABC JEWELRY CO. RAVE

Hey brides, since this involves my wedding ring, I thought I would pass this off to you. I posted on the PDX Nest, but I thought I would recommend here to.

I had a WONDERFUL experience with ABC Jewelry Co in downtown Portland. I originally went to ABC to get a second opinion on what a local one-stop-shopping jeweler had said was wrong with my ring. ABC Indicated that there was nothing wrong with my ring, and that it was the nature of the design. They also indicated that to continue to  put money into a repair that was never going to stay, was wasting my money. I appreciated their honesty and they never even sold me a thing. I then brought in a necklace for my mother-in law to get repaired and they had an incredibly quick turnaround time, and it was well within her budget for repairs.

Rewind to about 5 years ago when we were planning our wedding. My husband and I were originally intending to take diamonds from my grandmother and my moms diamond and put it into a ring that I would wear for my wedding set. However, due to budget constraints (we were pinching our pennies HARD to have the wedding we wanted), and then some excuses from jewelers and designers that indicated that what I wanted wasn't possible due to the various sizes, color and clarity  of the stones (etc., etc. etc.) It couldn't be done... Unfortunately we gave up.

Fast forward to October of this year, when it hit me, that I should find a picture of what I want, along with mom and grandma's stones into ABC and see what they could do. Well, I am HAPPY to say that last week, they took one look at the design I wanted, and diamonds I had from the inherited rings, and said it was most definitely do-able. Seven days later I got my ring back. Now I have my moms diamond in the center, surrounded by eight of my grandmother's diamonds, in a design I wanted five years ago. I went to ABC to pick it up yesterday and I just started crying. They did SUCH an amazing job and I just felt SO happy that I could finally have these special stones as part of my wedding set.

If you're looking for repairs, special design, or just diamonds and gold, I highly recommend this place! Also, I know of a few others who highly recommend this place for your diamond needs. Stephanie is very helpful and Ali is too. I hope this helps!

Re: ABC JEWELRY CO. RAVE

• hbarbourhbarbour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second your rave. When DH and I got engaged, my mom gave us her stone for us to reset. We went to a number of traditional haunts in PDX to try to find a setting, including one well known antique place. They had a lovely one that was upwards of 3K...and that was with us bringing the rock! We decided to keep looking...
    A local jeweler that we happened to pop into suggested trying ABC. For less than half of what the spendy place would have charged us, we got an amazing, antique looking but brand new setting that is beyond stunning. They were helpful in the design process and provided excellent customer service. I still take my ring there for cleanings and wouldn't hesitate to take other jewelry projects there as well. ABC rocks (literally!). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards