Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Wedding Planning Books

Hi all,

I'm just starting to plan my wedding and I feel like I could definitely use some sort of wedding planning organizer to keep track of things and to give me guidance.  Does anyone have any suggestions of books you're using that you like/dislike and why?

Thanks!
Theresa :)

Re: Wedding Planning Books

• Options
    The only one I've seen worth the money is the "Martha Stewart Wedding Planner

It's fantastically organized and easy to keep track of everything
  • Options
    We too got the book,  it is more like a 3 ring binder and you can write and put stuff in pockets.  The best thing we did was get a big block desk calendar and start writing.  We put the things that needed to be done.  Such as alterations, we picked a date and wrote it in.  suits to cleaners, etc.  it is a way that everyone can look at it and see what it going on.  So the bride walks in and we write what came in, what went out and what needs to be done.  We also use this for everyday stuff.  The groom walked in the house the other day and headed for the calendar to see what needed to be done this week. It has made it much easier and way more efficent.  Under 10 bucks at walmart. hang it on the wall and get planning.  We have things written on it for the next 9 months.  We know when people are coming in, we have oo country and oo state guests. We can write flights etc on it. We use to use a note book, it was not working no one was flipping the pages to look ahead.   This way we can look at a month without flipping the page up.
  • Options

I used a regular binder. I bought a 3-hole punch and tore out pages from Bridal magazines with the timelines and ideas. I personally liked The Knot's wedding checklists, budgeter and timeline, too, but that's just me.

The shared calendar with your FI is a must. We used shared Google Calendars on our phones, but the paper calendar idea is great, too! He was aware of all meetings and tasks without me having to be a nag.

• Options
    I'm using The Knot to keep track of my to-do's and Wedding Wire to keep track of my budget. I also have a planner called "The Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer" by Alex Lluch. If I had to do it over I probably would have just used a regular binder though since I've only used this one like 5 times before I got tired of lugging it around and just started using my iPad. 

"Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_wedding-planning-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:4a321e02-0ac1-4396-a7e4-3ccab6ac126fPost:29e3fd81-a8bb-434a-a000-a1c4c2382132">Re: Wedding Planning Books</a>:
    [QUOTE]Get a binder and dividers, like you used in high school. Label the dividers DJ, Dress, Cake, Officiant, etc. Use Excel to keep track of expenses, and for your guest list.  Create a column for guests' name, address, number responding, attending or not, gift given (so you can keep track of who gave what for TY notes) and TY note sent. Don't waste money on planners or software. It's a one-use item, and you can use the money somewhere else.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

Booo, hissss!

Spend the twenty bucks for a good planner or hire me ;)
  • Options
    I used TK's planner and budgeter, these two TK tools actually work well!  I used Excel for the guest list with addresses and added in columns as needed.  As we got closer to the wedding, I added in columns for attending, gift given, TY note sent, etc.  It helped stay organized!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_wedding-planning-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:4a321e02-0ac1-4396-a7e4-3ccab6ac126fPost:58c5d965-4d09-4b9e-8f86-6b8bed00e004">Re: Wedding Planning Books</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I'd definitely hire OOT as a wedding planner.......
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

smart lady
  • Options
    I have an amazing book AND planner/organizer from the same author! It is super helpful and gives fabulous tips. It's also organized very neatly and its very straightforward, which I love!

The Wedding Planner & Organizer -- Mindy Weiss
    The Big Book for your Big Day -- Mindy Weiss

It has also been really awesome so far having both of these from the same author so that I don't get too overwhelmed with it. I have a long time to plan, so its been great so far!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards