Connecticut
Options

CT Party Pros - Uplighting

Has anyone booked CT Party Pros for uplighting or used them? I just met with Jason, nice guy, but seemed to have a lot of his own ideas when it came to uplighting. I have a very certain style/order that I wanted with my lights, and he kept trying to change my vision. Their lighting system is built into our venue which is why I wanted to meet with them first. Thoughts? 

Re: CT Party Pros - Uplighting

• Options
    If your gut says it's not the right choice, listen to it. If you decide to use him, make sure you have it in writing what the plan is.
  • Options

Are you a Waterview bride? I am getting married there in September and Jason is doing my uplighting. He has been great to work with so far, but I have been flexible/not had the clearest idea of what I want.

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ct-party-pros-uplighting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:ad5fa617-b7b8-4a03-9e95-ea532c16b1e0Post:78df3e35-3358-4455-8186-75bbdc379b15">Re: CT Party Pros - Uplighting</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you a Waterview bride? I am getting married there in September and Jason is doing my uplighting. He has been great to work with so far, but I have been flexible/not had the clearest idea of what I want.
    Posted by Laur110[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Getting married at Riverview (which is the same co) - after looking some things up online, I get what he was saying and agree with a lot of it - after all he is "the pro." My main issue is for our venue to not look like a club, but I think he gets that.

</div>
  • Options
    I added uplighting at the last minute and went with someone who did uplighting for our venue's tasting event (so he was very familiar with the place).  Like you, I didn't want our venue to look like a club so I asked for mainly white lights (I just wanted an elegant look).  He recommended a type of blue light (I forget his reasoning) which was fine.  Anyway, it ended up looking amazing.  I think the important thing is that he gets what your vision is and hopefully he can recommend how to make that happen.  Uplighting is hard to see in pictures but maybe he has some samples that you can look at?
  • Options
    Just curious what the party pros are charging for the lighting? I'm a riverview bride too and want it but anything I've seen seems so expensive for lights!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards