Wedding Party
Options

I have 3 MOH....is this crazy?

I got engaged in december of 2010. I chose my bridal party just thos last summer. I have 6 BM.BM 1,2,and 3 One being my lil sister, and the other 2 I am good friends with. the other 3 are ones I'm very close with. I have one of those 3 BM as my matron of honor and the other 2 as Maids of honor. I equally talk to all of them and hang out with all of them. My matron is by far my closest and longest friendship I have but I really wanted to have the other 2 be homored as well. Am I crazy?? is this going to create ackwardness? How do I go about the speeches?

Re: I have 3 MOH....is this crazy?

• Options
    It's a bit odd to have fully half your party be honor attendants, but if you've already asked them, it would be much worse to take it back.  They don't all have to give speeches.  I'd say either offer them all a chance, understanding that not everyone likes public speaking, and they may not all want to, or offer it to none of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't ask them to do speeches. If someone wants to say something they will.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It doesnt matter if its odd or not...if you feel like they are close enough to be MOHs then thats fine!! It just adds something unique and special to you which is all that matters. Just dont unask any of them because your now feeling self conscious about it...that would really hurt feelings.

Like another pp already said, let them decide if they want to do a speech or not...not all of them have to. It shouldnt be awkward...they are all adults and obviously are all close to you so they have you in common. Dont worry about it :) You are just lucky to have such great relationships!
  • Options
    It's not crazy. I have both a maid and a matron of honor, I just couldn't choose. If you're that close with them and it makes you happy, then don't worry about it.
  • Options
    You can give them all the option but like PP said don't require it.  Do request that they keep it brief though (say you need to serve dinner at a certain time) as your guests, love you as they do, don't want to hear 20 minutes of speeches about you.  1-2 minutes each at the most.  Also, depending on who is doing the speech(es) maybe have the one(s) who are not be the person closest to you at the ceremony, the one who holds your bouquet, or the one who has the seat next to you if you have a head table.  We have two best men so we are having one stand closest to my FI at the ceremony and the other next to him at dinner so they share the honors that come with the role.
  • Options
    I think its fine. Give them the option of doing a speech- don't require it. If all three want to do one, you couldn't always have 1 or 2 of them do one at the rehersal dinner.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards