Maine
Options

Check

Ordered tent, tables, and chairs.  

I decided to go with banquet tables, is anyone else having them?  I just love love all the long table photos I see kicking around.  I can throw some flowers in some mason jars or vases lining all of them for easy peasy centerpieces and call it good.  I heart long tables :)

The one thing I did decide which I may call back and change my mind on, was the garden chairs.  I needed to choose whether or not to do two sets of chairs (ceremony & reception) and do the less nice ones, or do one set of chairs and get the nice padded ones and have someone move them in between. 

I went with the nicer ones and decided we would need to find a way to have them moved quickly from on the beach to on the patio.  Considering I have only 40 people or so and it's super casual, I thought this would fly.  But I'm starting to have doubts about that one, cuz, WHO is going to move them???? I dunno!  Oh well. 

Regardless, still a check for me this weekend.

Re: Check

• Options
    jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a beach wedding recently where the bride and groom just had everyone move their own chair from the beach up to the house where the reception was. It was actually a pretty formal wedding, but the guests didn't mind. There were just a handful of older people, and the groomsmen (who weren't seated during the ceremony) moved the chairs for those who couldn't do it themselves.

i know i'm posting randomly, but i'm an idiot and just discovered the local maine boards.
  • Options
    plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohhhh, sounds so pretty! If I were a guest, I wouldn't mind moving the chairs so long as they weren't cumbersome or heavy. I think it would be ok. 

I loooooove long tables too. I really wanted to find a venue that had those instead of the traditional rounds, but alas, I fell in love with a ballroom and decided to cave on the long tables. Still, it sounds perfect for your setting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards