Florida-North Florida
Options

The White Room - St. Augustine

Hi ladies,

My hubby and I were married in May 2008 but are thinking about a vow renewal for our 5th anniversary next year. We've had a rough couple of years and have grown, so we hope to re-commit ourselves as a result.

I spent every summer in St. Augustine as a kid and would like to have our renewal there. Actually I wanted to get married there, but that's another story. Lol.

We're just in the very preliminary stages of planning, but I love the Loft at the White Room and think we may be able to swing it since there will be no more than 50 guests. I noticed that a few of you ladies had your weddings there and I would like to know what your experiences were. They seem to be very highly rated from what I have read.

Out of curiosity, do they charge to rent the facility? I know that they charge for a ceremony but from the website's language, it appears that everything is included with the catering contract? I noticed a few people say that it's expensive, so including the facility, dishes, tables, chairs, etc seems to good to be true!

I would appreciate any thoughts. Also, if you have any other suggestions for ceremony/reception locations, I'm open to them. I do love the Lightner Museum! If you could throw in the cost of rental, etc. with any suggestions, that would be fabulous.

Best of luck to you all.

OHJ

Re: The White Room - St. Augustine

• Options
    It depends what month you book it on. They don't charge to rent the facility  but, again depending when you have your renewal, the catering contract has to be a minium of 9,000-15,000 plus tax and gratuity for a Saturday. I'm not sure about other days of the week though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks EricksonBride.

I saw something about there being a $40 minimum per guest...which wouldn't be hard at $59/plate. But $9k to $15k would be way out of our budget. We did our first wedding on $7k!

I think we would probably shoot for the beginning of November. I guess we could do a Friday evening--everyone would be OOT anyway so I don't think it would make much difference.

Thanks again. I appreciate the response.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_the-white-room-st-augustine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:f3bd79b7-8a48-4360-b182-5e335b122915Post:d7aacca3-6c72-4cb2-bf1e-040f4d07c43d">Re: The White Room - St. Augustine</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks EricksonBride. I saw something about there being a $40 minimum per guest...which wouldn't be hard at $59/plate. But $9k to $15k would be way out of our budget. We did our first wedding on $7k! I think we would probably shoot for the beginning of November. I guess we could do a Friday evening--everyone would be OOT anyway so I don't think it would make much difference. Thanks again. I appreciate the response.
    Posted by oldhousejunkie[/QUOTE]

You're welcome! My wedding will also be in the beginning of November in St. Aug :) Good luck planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We decided that since our wedding party and guest list is under 60 that we're going to rent a beach house and have the ceremony on the beach behind the house.  Then we'll have the reception at the beach house.  We are trying to keep it under $5000 and even with renting the beach house for the week leading up to the ceremony it should be good.
  • Options
    A lovely idea! I have shot weddings at the Lightner & White Room. Gorgeous, but not the most budget conscious. Have also shot weddings at beach houses there. Seems even better for a vow renewal. They are very intimate feeling at a house. A lovely choice:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards