Illinois-Chicago

I NEED A DJ!!!!!

hey ladies. i'm looking for a reasonably priced dj. budgeted for $1200 including tip and what not. my cocktail hour is in a separate room at my venue and i've found people are charging and additional $200+ on top of the regular price to have a small set up. i'm considering an ipod and speakers just for that hour to save myself the money.....

thoughts? ideas? recommendations?

THANKS!

Re: I NEED A DJ!!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Check out www.windycitymix.com. They're incredibly reasonable and totally cool & professional.
  • edited December 2011
    Toast & Jam is who we are using http://www.toastandjamdjs.com/
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
  • edited December 2011
    DJ-Chicago.
    We used them, and they were great. We had an outdoor cocktail reception, and they were able to set up a separate speaker outside and also have all the regular equipment in the reception room for no additional charge. Highly recommend them!! (Our DJ was Gil, and he was excellent!) Very professional!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Parallell Hills DJ's out of Aurora--the DJ is a customer of mine at work and him and his brother anre young, fun and very cool :) We're paying $835 for 6 hours and there was no travel/set up fee.
    Anniversary
  • barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Lou from Midwest Productions and he was great! (and cheap)
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • mspetitebridemspetitebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out a lot of DJs...Windy City Mix is the most reasonably priced.
  • bruceetzcornbruceetzcorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out Chicagoland DJ Services. They have been doing weddings and events all over the Chicago area. I've used them for a few of my private parties and they're fantastic (and very reasonable). You can go to Chicago DJs for more info.
  • kbogard5747kbogard5747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for all your help! i'll check them all out!
  • edited December 2011

Just booked our DJ yesterday. DJs For You - www.adj4you.com. 90% of their weddings are booked by referrals and they give you customers information so you can contact them if you want. $700 for 5.5 hours. They give you a MP3 player to create your event, or if you don't care, they create the playlist for you. No set-up or tear-down fee and very personable.

• joesmaryjoesmary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello...We just booked Non-Stop Entertainment and I did a lot of shoppping around and this was our best deal. The only thing is we wanted a photobooth also and he had the best package price. If you are looking for just a DJ you may be able to find a better deal. I did talk with Toast and Jam they seem like they would do an awesome job and had great reviews. I thought they were on the expensive side though. So far Non-Stop has been awesome and very easy going. Good Luck!
  • vmoran32vmoran32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Fantasic DJs. However I was also a big fan of music by design
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • joo6758joo6758 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Calvin Cornel DJ my wedding just this past weekend. He is amazing and you can get him for under 1K. Tell him that Julia referred you, and he will give you a great price! Good luck :)

http://www.calvincornel.com/#!contact
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards