Outdoor Weddings
Options

Paper Napkins/Cutlery

Hi ladies!

My wedding is in less than a month, and I have to decide what to do with the napkins and silverware. We are having plastic/paper because it is cheaper, actually it's all compostable soy/cornstarch based.

Anyways, is anyone else doing this? How are you packaging them?

I can't decide if if the napkins should be rolled around the cutlery and tied with a string, or if they should be just out on the tables (this seems unsanitary to me), or any other idea? The napkins are just too small to look really nice rolled though. Not like linen napkins.

I had thought about doing cutlery bags placed at each place setting, like this (http://www.etsy.com/listing/70556565/bon-appetit-kraft-cutlery-bags) but it seems like a lot of wasted ink and paper.

We are going to be outside, and there could be a breeze, so I have to do something. Any suggestions?

XP on Budget Weddings
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Paper Napkins/Cutlery

• Options
    The bags are cute, I would maybe put them all in a basket? Are you having a buffet type meal? If so I would def. put them in a basket.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    I'm rolling them, really lossly and rough looking and tying with hemp string. I'm attaching a spring of rosmary, mint or thyme and placing them in a basket.

Also doing the biodegradeable plates! palm leaf ones from earthen trading
  • Options
    I am placing my in baskets next to the buffet table with the plates.  think it would be easier for everyone to pick up what they need.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards