Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Guestbook?

What are you using for a guestbook?  I want something a little different for my beach wedding.  Thanks in advance

Re: Guestbook?

• Options
    We had guests sign and/or write messages on river rocks, and we keep them in a vase in our home. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    we had a photo book made on mixbook, with a coupon it was like $30.  it had pics from our engagement pics nad pictures of us through the years, it came out awsome.
  • Options
    I saw this on pinterest a while back, and I think it's the one pinterest thing I actually like.

Take 5 (empty) wine bottles and label them 1, 2, 5, 10, and 25, then have guests write messages on slips of paper and put in a bottle. We'll read what's in the bottle on the corresponding anniversary. I'll probably also add a bottle that we'll read right away.

Of course, we have to store these somewhere (tbh we'll probably end up reading them all right away, but oh well)
  • Options
    Jessa617 Jessa617 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013
    I am doing a photo thing myself. I ordered an alphabet name from a Groupon that has the last name in  photos (each letter is represented by a random object) and there is a space to put an 8 x 10 photo above it. It does have a mat so that will be used as our guest book.

ETA:  If you are having a beach wedding, why not go with something like Addie suggested but using sand dollars? This would be a nice little centerpiece for a table or a mantel etc.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_guestbook-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:83243d4a-38cd-4650-8e67-6e418682f0d2Post:7c8fa0c5-f5b2-454a-bf19-3b3b22de37a6">Re: Guestbook?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am doing a photo thing myself. I ordered <strong>an alphabet name</strong> from a Groupon that has <strong>the last name in  photos (each letter is represented by a random object) </strong>and there is a space to put an 8 x 10 photo above it. It does have a mat so that will be used as our guest book. ETA: <strong> If you are having a beach wedding, why not go with something like Addie suggested but using sand dollars?</strong> This would be a nice little centerpiece for a table or a mantel etc.
    Posted by Jessalyn2013[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what I gave my husband as a wedding present. </div><div>
    </div><div>I like this idea!  Might be kind of fragile, though!</div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I am doing the "I do engraveable" signature frame. I like the look of it
  • Options
    I'm also doing the photo book- I just got a groupon deal last week where I paid $20!

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Don't laugh, but we are doing a wooden whale that can be hung on the wall. We found it on etsy. We were thinking oars but we wanted something more nautical.
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I surprised my husband with a Dolphins jersey with our name on the back.  All of our guests signed it, and now it's framed and hanging in our house.  He was really surprised, and we both love how it looks in our house.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We had a photograph (12" x 18") of our cities' skylines that people signed.  It's now framed and hanging in our home.
  • Options
    Thanks guys!  Great ideas.  Love the wine bottle idea.  I just bought a frame from etsy that is super cute for people to sign...it's rustic looking.   Do you think I need a little framed sign asking people to sign it?  Not sure people will know to sign it?  Would doing the wine bottle idea above in addition be too much?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/95787779/wedding-guest-book-alternative-guestbook?ref=sr_gallery_1&sref=sr_9fc119a11d6920bda937686f32539c5168a30c90af492c649b8d0e109b761e2e_1361546787_14232948_guest_book&ga_search_query=sugared+plum+guest+book+alternative&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=all
  • Options
    H and I had a small wooden chest.  I painted it cream and also painted our monogram on the top.  All  the guests used Sharpies in our wedding colors (purple and green) to sign their names and what not on the sides of the chest.

We have our chest sitting in our family room floor and it is filled with all the cards we received from our wedding, the table number that was used at our table, one of our favors, the football I painted with our names and wedding date (we used this in some pictures), and some other odds and ends from our day.

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    This is what we did. Its a customized framed poster where everyone could sign in the borders.

http://www.customalexander.com/MrAndMrsAlexander_Catalog.htm
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We bought a bunch of terra cotta pots and had people sign them. We planted herbs in them and I have a few of the succulents from my bouquet planted in there.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_guestbook-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:83243d4a-38cd-4650-8e67-6e418682f0d2Post:09f00479-f27a-4b99-bc9f-3d3ddc54e85b">Re:Guestbook?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We bought a bunch of terra cotta pots and had people sign them. We planted herbs in them and I have a few of the succulents from my bouquet planted in there.
    Posted by daria24[/QUOTE]

<div>I LOVE this idea...I'd planned on getting a big wooden letter but then life got in the way and now I'm afraid anything I order won't be shipped in time. I might do this. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Please don't do sand dollars-they were alive once, and were probably killed just to be sold (people catch them from the ocean and then dry them-that's how they die). This is the same for starfish, which were also alive until someone took them out of the ocean and dried them. Unless you find every single sand dollar (or starfish) laying in the sand in the beach already dried, it's ather cruel in my opinion.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_guestbook-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:83243d4a-38cd-4650-8e67-6e418682f0d2Post:b0fc0811-3de4-4028-877d-6784ec826366">Re: Guestbook?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I surprised my husband with a Dolphins jersey with our name on the back.  All of our guests signed it, and now it's framed and hanging in our house.  He was really surprised, and we both love how it looks in our house.
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Holy brilliant idea, Batman!!! I'm totally stealing this!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards