South Asian Weddings
Options

How to back out of vendors - etiquette

Hi ladies,

I already have a makeup person booked for my wedding, however after having no luck finding a new hair stylist (since mine bailed on me) I've decided to get a lady that will do hair/makeup and draping. I thought about it and I'd rather have one person do everything rather than 3 seperate women.

Here is my question - how do I back out of my makeup person? I know I'm the client, but I'm not sure if there's a certain way to do it and how to ask for my deposit back.

thanks!

Re: How to back out of vendors - etiquette

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can't ask for the deposit back. If you want to back out you just tell her you decided to go with someone else who can provide all three services. Unfortunately, unless she broke the contract you can't get your deposit back or ask for it back.
  • Options
    HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto DFW!  If you have signed a contract, I am pretty sure you will lose the deposit and whatever else she might have listed in the  contract if broken. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely read your contract to find out what you are out by breaking the contract.  I would guess the deposit is the first thing you lose, which makes sense since that is the purpose of the deposit.  If the cost is too high to get out of it, you may want to go ahead with her anyway.  Otherwise, as long as you stay polite and stress your decision was based on the simplicity of just having one person to go to that day, she should understand.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards