July 2012 Weddings
Options

QOTD

What was your favorite part of wedding planning and your least favorite? Favorite: bm dress shopping. I was laughing so hard I was in tears! Lol Least: making my ceremony. I'm not interested in doing it. I've working on it for months! Such a pain.

Re: QOTD

• Options
    Why doesn't tk mobile include the spaces?! I wonder how it's look on the computer.
  • Options
    We just kinda started our wedding planning about a month and a half ago, but so far my favorite part has been the honeymoon planning. I am so excited! Least favorite- getting all the addresses. I am just awful at correspondance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What was your favorite part of wedding planning and your least favorite?

My favorite part has been pretty much any of the shopping for it, but mostly wedding dress shopping. I wish I had gone a few more times, but I do love my dress.

Least favorite has been trying to get addresses for FI's side and trying to get the money together to pay for everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    owengirl996owengirl996 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Favorite: Wedding dress shopping and spending time with my friends/family working on projects.

Least favorite: The money aspect, of course! And addressing envelopes/trying to keep all of the addresses straight. I'm slowly getting them entered into TK, but people randomly give me more addresses on a piece of paper and they are scattered about. Also, the fact I'm doing this from a distance and can't just pop into my venue any time...have to ask someone else to do it for me (for instance- to measure if chair covers would fit!)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    My favorite part was wedding gown shopping!  I was kind of sad when I found my dress because that meant I couldn't go around and try lots more beautiful dresses!

My least favorite part so far has been budgeting!  I apparently had no clue about true costs of things when I first started, and everything is so expensive!  Obviously my budget had to be revised!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    What was your favorite part of wedding planning and your least favorite?

Favorite: Cake tasting.  I love desserts.

Least: Most of it?  I'm so not into the planning.  I would say finding an officiant is my least favorite.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    Favorite Part: dress shopping. I love the one that I picked but as I look back now, I see that I rushed and I wish I took more time to enjoy it because it only happens once. Least Favorite Part: budgeting and all of the coordination of setup. I am worried that I am going to forget something or that I won't get everything done in time.
  • Options
    MadisonpennyMadisonpenny member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    fav.- the whole planning and design of it

Least fav.- thank the Lord we only have 2 ppl in our WP plus our flowergirl and ring bearer cause just trying to get everyone together to pick out attire has been a complete nightmare.  (both ppl in WP are men so we want to go at the same time for suits) And trying to go shopping for a flower girl dress hasn't been a picnic either.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    Favorite part has been working with my FI, planning our honeymoon, and shopping for our rings. 

Least favorite part: Budgeting and worrying about making sure all the little odds and ends get tied up.  I also don't like when FI and don't agree on something like right now we can't agree on the wording for our invitations.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite: Designing the invites and other DIY projects. I have also enjoyed doing crafty thigns

Least favorite: Budgeting for me as well. I never realized how much weddings cost before I started planning mine. I guess I was a bit naive. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_qotd-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:22df4d50-9d7a-45da-b40f-349fdac1c9fdPost:affb0f14-eb78-4d13-862b-bfdfbbed127e">Re:QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why doesn't tk mobile include the spaces?! I wonder how it's look on the computer.
    Posted by hmacsine[/QUOTE]

<div>Don't worry, looks fine on my computer!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with Ally -

My favorite was dress shopping (wedding gown, rehearsal dinner, etc.) but I've pretty much hated the rest of it. It's all so stressful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite: Dress shopping! And also my venue. Everytime we call them with a question they just do it for us! Like we need a cupcake stand and we called to see if they had any advice and they were like "We'll make you one!". This is at least the third time they've done this, I love them.

Least favorite: Money, and getting my FI to do anything. He's supossed to be getting his friends addresses but he hasn't yet and its driving em nuts.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Favorite part: finding the venue!  I think I only went to 4 or 5 places before finding my place but I had been so disappointed by them that finding my venue was a dream come true and tears cam to my eyes and everything!

Least Favorite: The Dress experience! I wish I had Iooked for my dress in NY and not bothered with getting one made here (which I'm still positive that I'll hate).  And it would have been nice to find my dress with my mom (although I did try dress shopping with her and she wasn't into it).  I also am sad that I couldn't go dress shopping with her for her dress :(
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_qotd-29?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:22df4d50-9d7a-45da-b40f-349fdac1c9fdPost:107e1d8a-2ae1-4b75-8fe9-820d5465f58e">QOTD</a>:
    [QUOTE]What was your favorite part of wedding planning and your least favorite? Favorite: bm dress shopping. I was laughing so hard I was in tears! Lol Least: making my ceremony. I'm not interested in doing it. I've working on it for months! Such a pain.
    Posted by hmacsine[/QUOTE]

Favorite - Knowing which dress I wanted before trying it on. I hate trying on clothes. Gettigt things to fit right is a PIA. So, it was a relief that my dress fit like a glove :) pretty much made myself try other stuff on but it got boring after a couple other dresses.

Least favorite - How I was being pro active in the beginning by trying to find vendors but they all told me to call them back in 6 months or more. Yeah, I didn't hire any of them.
  • Options
    Favorite:  Finding the perfect wedding dress with FI and future step-daughter... it was an awesome experience.  

Least Favorite:  Trying to decide on a wedding date!! Originally we were kicking around 2013 but decided that year is too crazy - FI's daughter will be graduating high school along with my step sister.. we had to have it in the summer because FI's parents are in Georgia and they hate cold (we're in upstate NY).  Then we decided on 2012 - trying to decide for 2012.. my other step sister was set to get married July 7th.. so we planned the last weekend in July... now.. my step-sisters wedding is cancelled.  
  • Options
    Favorite:  Finding my dress!

Least favorite: Trying to figure out our guest list and transportation for all of them.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Favorite: Picking out the venue. It was a time for FI and I to really pinpoint the things that were important to both of us. It had SOME frustrating moments - but was enjoyable for the most part.

Least Favorite: Invitations - I'm so sick of dealing with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards