Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

I need Advise on ceramony and reception

Hello, Our Wedding is going to be October 2012 on the 7th or 13th. I was going to book the venus de milo in swansea Mas. We live in RI but it is close to us. The price is inexpensive and in our budget. But I still do not know what my parents are contributing to us. I was going to put down a $300 deposit on Saturday until I saw another venue in Mas that is all that I have ever wanted, The Independence Harbor. I wanted a garden fall wedding. We were going to have the ceremony at the Botanical gardens in Ri but the time slot and fee was crazy and my guest would have atleast a 3 hr's between. The independence Harbor has everything there. But it will be more money. I so don't know what to do. To try to have my dream wedding or not.

Since we have no place to have the ceremony cause I do not want to get married in a restaurant. we have to think of other out door gardens. So we might have it at the chapel by the sea in Bristol RI and have our pictures taken there. But the cost of dressing up the ceremony with flowers might end up being balancing out to the new place.

I think that we would end up spending more on flowers if we did it this way, than in a garden were we don't have to and can focus on flowers for the reception.

I just don't feel right about the venus de milo, i am un sure about it. some days i am all for it but this week I am not. maybe cause I am PMSing and uneasy and over whelmed. I want a beautiful wedding but not an expensive one. maybe I am looking way to much into it. I know that I can make the space look like a garden wedding inside. I have seen on tv how they transform a room into a fairy tale.

Please help!!! thank you

This is the chapel by the sea and the park grounds are beautiful for pictures

here is one of the rooms I was looking into but not the way they decorated. I am having a fall garden theme wedding

one idea for a center piece

this is what you see when you walk in to the venus

Re: I need Advise on ceramony and reception

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I would check the local boards for the two areas you are considering.  Brides may have used or may be using the venues you are torn about.  You may get information from them which will be helpful to you in your research and planning.

Also, I recommend the spellcheck button at the bottom of the text box.  There were so many spelling errors in your OP, I had some trouble making sense of it all.

EDIT: Also, I would do everything possible to avoid a three-hour gap between the ceremony and reception.  Gaps are frowned upon on these boards.  I know it would bother me and make me feel inconvenienced as a guest.
  • Options
    sorry about the spelling, I was using my lab top in bed with no lights lol I will be more careful...

I am going to put down the down payment on Saturday. I decided to stay with the venue. I did go on another wedding site and saw great reviews and it made me feel better. after I vented a bit I also felt better about it. I needed to get it off my chest last night and my BF was passed out next to me.

CMGR thank you for the quotes.. I love number 4....

• Options
    CMGR I printed out the quotes so i can read this and remind myself to not stress out.
  • Options
    Intersting let me know how you like it....
  • Options
    I am calling the venus de milo today and putting down my down payment. I had a long talk with my soon to be hubby last night and I am feeling much better ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards