Maine

Maine oceanfront venues - need suggestions!

Hi,

I just recently got engaged and I'm just starting the wedding planning process. My fiance and I grew up spending our summers in York & Ogunquit maine and would love to have an oceanfront maine wedding.

Our budget is $13,000 and I am worried that we won't be able to find anything within our limits. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are willing and open to all areas on the coast as far south as New Hampshire and as far north as belfast, maine. We are planning on have between 80-100 guests.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks!

Re: Maine oceanfront venues - need suggestions!

• jelenybeanyjelenybeany member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've heard wonderful things about popham beach. i wanted to do our wedding there, but we ended up in wayne maine instead. check them out.
  • edited December 2011
    Popham beach looks beuatiful. Has anyone ever got married there or pemaquid lighthouse? If so, where did you have the reception?
  • ivyrose13ivyrose13 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  had my wedding at Fort Popham, it was abosolutely amazing and my guests are still talking about it. I was able to use the fort for free with a letter to the department of conservation. I don't have my pro pics back yet, but I do have the one in my siggy :D

As for a reception, we had ours at the Ramada in Lewiston, which is a bit far. There is Sebasco Harbor right there, as well as several inns in the Popham area that can host a reception. My original idea was the have the reception at the Kennebec Tavern and to have FH and I arrive to the reception via boat. Unfortunately, my guest list out grew that option. 

The truth behind a well laced dress
  • Becca403Becca403 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at The Colony Hotel in Kennebunk.  I ended up getting married at the York Harbor Inn, which may be a little bit outside your budget, but if I remember correctly, The Colony Hotel would be in budget and is right on the water!  It's a beautiful spot!!
  • mgagne228mgagne228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're open to a Friday or a Sunday wedding, Stage Neck Inn in York has a really good package for weddings on those days.  It includes everything (it's listed on their website) like room rental fees, taxes, gratuities, food, ceremony set-up, cake, DJ, etc and it's extremely pretty there.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I went and looked at the Colont Hotel. It was so beautiful outside, but inside seemed a little outdated. I am also looking at York Harbor Inn and Dockside. I thought Stageneck might be out of my price range because I have heard they are pretty expensive, but I am gonig to look into a Friday night wedding.

Has anyone gotten married at the York Harbor reading room? Or Sebasco Harbor Estates? Ocean Gate Inn? Those are a couple other places on our list of ones to look into.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    It may be a little further than you'd like to travel but the Spruce Point Inn in Boothbay Harbor is absolutely beautiful as well.
  • edited December 2011
    I also looked at Spruce Point Inn and it was a little too pricey for me. They had to many minimums attached to everything, but it was absolutely beautiful! 

• edited December 2011
    We are trying to stay within our budget, too.  What we decided to do:  pick somewhere scenic for the ceremony (we chose a lighthouse), and then we booked the second floor of the Portland Company Complex for the reception.  It was only $900 for the day!  Then you can hire whatever caterer/dj/bartender, etc that YOU want.  Make people compete for your business, not force you into using their services.  You can save tons of $$$ that way.
    Cheers, Holly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards