Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Mooreland Mansion?

So I found and really fell in love with the Mooreland Mansion in Kirtland. I have a couple problems though. 1. I'm in Dayton so I haven't been to see it yet 2. They couldn't give me a Saturday appointment to come see it until next Satuday and my wedding is 2/5/11!!! Has anyone ever been to a wedding at the mansion or know anything about it? Would you ever consider getting married there? I really wanted to have a mini-destination wedding at Niagria Falls in the winter but was talked out of it because of all the snow. I really need to get a place booked like 4 months ago so I don't want to waste another week if its going to be total crap!

Re: Mooreland Mansion?

• Options
    saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a ceremony at Mooreland, but not an actual reception.  It is very pretty, but from what I understand, somewhat small.  I live like ten minutes from Mooreland and went to school right next door to it.

Just to warn you, February in Kirtland can be absolutely brutal!  We may have more snow here, than Niagara Falls will!

I'm pretty sure they have their own caterer they work with and I think you bring the alcohol in.  It's a very pretty site and I think you would definitely have to see it in person to appreciate it.  It is maintained pretty well and the grounds are really beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've attended an early September reception at Mooreland (but not ceremony). It was very nice. As the pp mentioned, it's for smaller weddings. The one I attended probably had about 100 guests or so. The cocktail hour was primarily held in the sitting room type area and the bride & groom hired a pianist to play. Awesome! The main reception room is in an L shape, IIRC. It worked out fine, but some brides & grooms might not want that kind of setup. Also, the wedding I attended had the DJ and dancefloor set up outside on the covered patio overlooking the gardens. For a Feb. wedding, think about where your dancefloor would need to be, since you wouldn't have the option of the 'extra' space outdoors. That said, the space is beautiful and the food/service were wonderful.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! thank you so much! very helpful! i guess i forgot to post that its only going to be immediate family and the bridal party. I'm hoping around 35 but probably more arounf 50. thank you so much! the weather is one of our major concerns but i just think i'll love the place! thank you!
  • Options
    saraparasarapara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I think Mooreland will work out very well then for a wedding of about 50 - you should have plenty of space.  You won't be able to utilize the outdoor space most likely - but that's to be said about any venue in NE Ohio in Feb! 

My aunt got married in December there and they had lights and decorations all over that were already there.  It really is a pretty space.  And that giant staircase is great for pictures!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's nice but I personally wouldn't get married there because I have already attended two weddings there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey my fiance used to work for Mooreland and that place was beautiful.  Only thing that he told me that was a downfall was that your reception is in 2 rooms so your guests may be sort of split up.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a wedding with between 35-50 guests, you won't be split up. And, IIRC, I really thought it was one L-shaped room. It definitely didn't feel compartmentalized when I was there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards