Snarky Brides

Happy Friday!

How is everyone today?

Re: Happy Friday!

• Woo!  Well I'm good because it's FRIDAY!  What does everyone have going on tonight?  They were out of rotisserie chickens last night so I'm going to get one tonight and I'm making chicken pot pie.  I also have to pick up my packet in Detroit tonight because I'm running the Detroit Half Marathon on Sunday!!  This weekend is filled with last minute vendor meetings as well.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • alois - are they crazy in Detroit?

We're off soon for Florida.  My brother is coming since his friend is hanging in.  Friend's wife has more emotional support now than she did previously so my brother said his goodbyes to his friend.  So ironic that it happened this way.  Three years ago yesterday, we were on our way to FL to see our dad one last time.  He died right before we got there :(

Anyway, happier times!
  • Sorry Marrin :(

FI and I have nothing planned- I plan on relaxing- yeah that sounds good :) I made baked spaghetti last night- and maybe I didn't use enough sauce, not sure. The recipe didn't call for the noodles to be cooked so I didn't, however some of them were a little hard :( I'll try cooking them next time

I'm going out to eat with FSIL tomorrow and a pottery class, I pray she doesn't turn this into a you hurt me by saying *insert something really dumb here* and trying to make me feel bad. I love her I  really do, I just feel like sometimes she gets upset over the stupidest things, and I'm like WHAT?!?! :)

Sunday will be lay in bed with FI all day and do nothign day(maybe some laundry) this is the last weekend where we won't have anything to do, so I want to take advantage of it.

Question ladies- My FI bach party is the thursday before the wedding, I know his groomsmen and they're drinkers and planning on getting my FI drunk, I told my FI if anyone drove drunk I would be extremely upset and to call me and I'd come get you- what did your guys do for their parties in regards to drinking?
  • heatherk2489heatherk2489 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Tonight, I sleep!
    I want to sleep in so bad, and this week has drug on and on. 
    Sometimes I wish I had my old job, and schedule because I hate getting up at 530am every morning. But the hours, pay, and people are 100x better here. Gotta compromise somewhere I guess. 
    This weekend I have to take my sister shopping for a homecoming dress. She is 14, a freshman in HS so we shall see how well this goes! 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    Alois, good luck on your race! Half marathon is definitely on my race to do list.

Sorry Marrin =(

FI and I both have half days at work today. Not sure what our plans are for tonight. I have to be up stupid early tomorrow though, so nothing crazy. I have a credentially exam at 8am at a college an hour and a half away. Not excited about that.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • He said he would- I'm just worried, a family member of mine drove drunk and ended up in prision for five years because they hit someone- it's a VERY sensitive subject for me, I know he would never drive drunk, however I know at least one of his groomsmen will- the others I'm iffy about, but leaning towards yes, and once everyone is two sheets to the wind, logic is out the window.
  • edited October 2012
    Marrin - Sorry you're going through such a rough time :(  Thinking of you! And yes, Detroit is going crazy (in a good way!) right now.  It's really such an amazing city and I'm so glad I live so close to it!!!  I think the half marathon will be fun because it's international - we run over the bridge to Canada, down the Canadian riverfront, and then back to the US through the tunnel.

Brittany - We live in a cute little city and we ALWAYS take cabs when we go out.  Is that an option?  If not, could you offer to pick them up?  FI sometimes will pick my friends and I up from the bars if no cabs are available.  He'd rather lose some sleep driving us than have us drive after drinking.

Heather - What kind of dress is your sister looking for?  When I was in HS, homecoming/prom was all about long, formal dresses.  I feel like nowadays they're more short and flirty!  Makes me feel old lol

ETA: You already offered to pick them up!  Derrr...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:b6947b14-71bc-4e05-867d-388086448cc1">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Marrin - Sorry you're going through such a rough time :(  Thinking of you! And yes, Detroit is going crazy (in a good way!) right now.  It's really such an amazing city and I'm so glad I live so close to it!!!  I think the half marathon will be fun because it's international - we run over the bridge to Canada, down the Canadian riverfront, and then back to the US through the tunnel. <strong>Brittany - We live in a cute little city and we ALWAYS take cabs when we go out.  Is that an option?  If not, could you offer to pick them up?  FI sometimes will pick my friends and I up from the bars if no cabs are available.  He'd rather lose some sleep driving us than have us drive after drinking. </strong>Heather - What kind of dress is your sister looking for?  When I was in HS, homecoming/prom was all about long, formal dresses.  I feel like nowadays they're more short and flirty!  Makes me feel old lol
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

I have offered this- I'm worried that it's not going to happen, it's not that I don't trust him I do, I don't trust his groomsmen. Once everyone is two sheets to the wind, logic is out the window. And We live in a huge city, a cab is an option but not easily assesable and will be expensive.
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:6f9da247-0f64-471c-8fbf-1de4f12b589d">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Question ladies- My FI bach party is the thursday before the wedding, I know his groomsmen and they're drinkers and planning on getting my FI drunk, I told my FI if anyone drove drunk I would be extremely upset and to call me and I'd come get you- what did your guys do for their parties in regards to drinking?
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

My H's son hosted his bachelor party which was drinks and apps at The Tilted Kilt.  Imagine, 25 year old with a group of 50+ year old men.  Of course, it was more interesting than me sitting at home with my mom and watching Law and Order reruns.  Yes, we are <em>that</em> fun couple.

ETA:  DUI is a subject near to my heart as well.  My son was popped in Wisconsin 7 years ago - -- 7 freakin' years ago and Illinois still won't give him his license back.  He paid his fines, he did his counseling, he's gone to court.  I'm sure there's more to this than what he's telling me, but 7 years?  I think you could commit vehicular homicide and not be without a license for 7 years.  It's just been a long drawn out affair and he really learned his lesson.  Not one drop of liquor, attends AA and NA.  I think next time one of these spammers that offer the fake ID's pop around, I'll take them up on the offer ;)  Nah, but sometimes it's so frustrating that it's tempting.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:c07f4bb0-b46a-4871-9625-0f6d89368f00">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : I have offered this- I'm worried that it's not going to happen, it's not that I don't trust him I do, I don't trust his groomsmen. Once everyone is two sheets to the wind, logic is out the window. And We live in a huge city, a cab is an option but not easily assesable and will be expensive.

Why don't you drop them off so they have no other option than to call you or call a cab?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:b6947b14-71bc-4e05-867d-388086448cc1">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Marrin - Sorry you're going through such a rough time :(  Thinking of you! And yes, Detroit is going crazy (in a good way!) right now.  It's really such an amazing city and I'm so glad I live so close to it!!!  I think the half marathon will be fun because it's international - we run over the bridge to Canada, down the Canadian riverfront, and then back to the US through the tunnel. Brittany - We live in a cute little city and we ALWAYS take cabs when we go out.  Is that an option?  If not, could you offer to pick them up?  FI sometimes will pick my friends and I up from the bars if no cabs are available.  He'd rather lose some sleep driving us than have us drive after drinking. Heather - <strong>What kind of dress is your sister looking for?</strong>  When I was in HS, homecoming/prom was all about long, formal dresses.  I feel like nowadays they're more short and flirty!  Makes me feel old lol ETA: You already offered to pick them up!  Derrr...
    Posted by aloisk57[/QUOTE]

<div>I am not sure, she hasn't really expressed to me what she wanted. </div><div>When I was in HS it was short, cute dresses for homecoming, and long for Prom. </div><div>I don't think I'll let her get anything too short though, she's not a dress girl too much anyway.</div><div>
    </div>
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning.

I'm sorry, Marrin.  That's tough.

Good luck on your half, alois.  Impressive.

Best birthday surprise ever going on right now.  DH arranged for my brother and SIL to visit for the weekend from CA.  I walked in to happy hour last night - a somewhat regular thing for our group of friends, and they were all there for a bday surprise.  It's a few days early, but fantastic.  We went to the Melting Pot, we're staying at a 4-star hotel tonight and tomorrow, and will probably have a girls spa day with SIL. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:ce31753e-b167-4d67-958a-9ab20bdb5da2">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning. I'm sorry, Marrin.  That's tough. Good luck on your half, alois.  Impressive. Best birthday surprise ever going on right now.  DH arranged for my brother and SIL to visit for the weekend from CA.  I walked in to happy hour last night - a somewhat regular thing for our group of friends, and they were all there for a bday surprise.  It's a few days early, but fantastic.  We went to the Melting Pot, we're staying at a 4-star hotel tonight and tomorrow, and will probably have a girls spa day with SIL. 
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

What an amazing hubs you have! Happy birthday!! (Early) :)
  • Morning, all!  H and I are going to an Oktoberfest thing tonight at a place near our house.  Good food, good friends, good drinks.  I am so in need of this!

I've got a couple meetings today that I'm hoping go by quickly. So close to the weekend!  Tomorrow College Gameday will be at our campus so I think we'll head to the game early to walk around try to get on tv and get free stuff ha ha.  Can't wait!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks!  I had no idea - he's been planning for a couple of months.  He even arranged for several CWs to be at HH along with our friends.  We're going to have a great weekend with B & SIL.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:5fd54d5d-4dff-40bc-9767-9144d0006401">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : <strong>I agree.  You also mentioned that cabs are expensive.  Not to be callous, but who cares?</strong>  Loss of life, license, attorney's fees -- all of that are way more 'expensive' than a taxi ride. And good morning!  At work with our bulldog today.  Fun.  He's a curious guy. Les, that't awesome!  What a great birthday surprise!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

It came off wrong- they get expensive, and they are not easily accesable- as in you'd have to wait awhile before they got to you. I completely agree it's worth it to take a cab, but my point was that I have no issues coming to get them and making sure they get home safe, ya know? I know I'm probably stressing over nothing- it's just worrysom to me is all.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:1b46ec2f-257d-46fa-b29e-ddf90576e2c2">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : It came off wrong- they get expensive, and they are not easily accesable- as in you'd have to wait awhile before they got to you. I completely agree it's worth it to take a cab, but my point was that I have no issues coming to get them and making sure they get home safe, ya know? I know I'm probably stressing over nothing- it's just worrysom to me is all.

1 more idea!  Cabs can take some time to get to us as well, so we usually go out to get some greasy food after the bars - as soon as we sit down, we call the cab.  They're usually there within 30 minutes, which is right when we're ready to split!
  • Yea- I'm not sure even what they're planning on doing- My FI is not the strip club/or even the bar type of guy. So this should be interesting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:a562e2b7-637a-48a0-b344-95a2d612304f">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brittany I was going to suggest maybe getting a limo but that can probably also get really expensive.  But a plus would be they can probably drop off and pick everyone up at their own residences.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

I think thats a great idea, then you dont have to worry about any of them. And maybe they can pitch in and make it cheaper?

Happy Early Birthday Les!

My son was going to up this weekend but cancelled, he forgot he has to work for his dad. Actually its probably for the best I have so much to do at home. Today the furnace guy is installing our new unit, ugh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:1235d002-2091-488f-8937-ca99640f8b43">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : I think thats a great idea, then you dont have to worry about any of them. And maybe they can pitch in and make it cheaper? Happy Early Birthday Les! My son was going to up this weekend but cancelled, he forgot he has to work for his dad. Actually its probably for the best I have so much to do at home. Today the furnace guy is installing our new unit, ugh.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Kd- I know this is going to sound like an odd question, but you have a furnace and an A/C it's not like central air and heat? This is coming from a girl who has never lived outside of FL.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:0f80c4bf-2d7a-49f8-b57d-f3cc5e0c9cb3">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : Kd- I know this is going to sound like an odd question, but you have a furnace and an A/C it's not like central air and heat? This is coming from a girl who has never lived outside of FL.

Well a furnace is what we call it, the central air is all encompassed with the furnace. So we regulate heat and air through the same system, it also has a humidifier attached. And the new once will filter the air during the summer if we run the A/C to keep the pollen down. Dont like spending the money, but I think it will be worth it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:bef300c7-6adc-4470-84c7-15e1cb9926f1">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : No, I get what you're saying.  I live in the burbs and cabs can be here in 10 minutes or an hour.  But they also have car services that will pick up and drop off, not just limos.  So if they were going to 1 bar district, for example, they could drop them at 7 or whenever and pick them back up at a designated time.   <strong>Could they crash at a cheap hotel?
    </strong>Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Unfortanetly, if they're going to downtown St. Pete, there aren't really any hotels other than Sleazy crack hotels down there, I can't think of an actual hotel down there, and i've lived here forever....hmm.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-friday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d2905ff-6356-4a62-9beb-84e5ebadb961Post:0fa9003a-4a01-4045-9695-9992ca209904">Re: Happy Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Friday! : Well a furnace is what we call it, the central air is all encompassed with the furnace. So we regulate heat and air through the same system, it also has a humidifier attached. And the new once will filter the air during the summer if we run the A/C to keep the pollen down. Dont like spending the money, but I think it will be worth it.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

oh okay! Makes Sense :)
  • That's what I've been telling them- it's just going to be him and his three groomsmen, they'll all fit in my car or his sisters car(best man is her husband) so I'm insisting that they call one of us, I told my FI I care way to much for something bad to happen and he would not be a very happy FI/H if he doesn't comply. It's just as much for their safety as it is for my piece of mind :)
  • Awww. Thanks for the Bday <3, Edie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards