Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Should I wear wedding band with my e-ring?

Hey ladies! 
I am stuck because my fiancé proposed to me with this beautiful and amazing engagement ring, however I knew if he got this one that there would be no band to go with it. I am kind of a traditional girl and really wanted this ring, but I still want a wedding band for the ceremony and to possibly wear after the wedding so people know that i'm no longer engaged. 
My fiancé doesn't want to spend anymore money, which I don't blame him, so this would probably be from my own pocket.  AND I'm not rich, so getting a custom band, at this point, is out of the question. Any ideas? Am I worrying too much?

Re: Should I wear wedding band with my e-ring?

• That is a pretty intricate ring, so a band might be too much. My aunt has an intricate ring that no band really "goes" with, so she just wears the one.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That ring will stand by itself just fine ... if you feel like you absolutely need to have a wedding band though, I'd probably just go with a really thin and plain band in white gold (Or whatever metal your ring is made out of).

But truthfully, it really does look stunning all by itself.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• If you really want a band to wear for the ceremony and when you don't want to wear your ering, they have $100 white gold rings on Amazon.
  • Would you consider wearing a wedding band on one hand and the e-ring on the other (I've seen women that wear a band on the left hand and e-ring on the right hand, but you could go either way)?  Also, don't worry about whether people will know if you're engaged or married.  
  • I don't like the way my ering looks with a wedding band, so I'm just getting a plain ne hat I'll wear on my right hand. (I don't want to move my ering to my right, I like it where it is!) This way I have the option to wear just the band if I choose as well. A plain band is pretty inexpensive, I got mine at overstock.com
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Your ring is beautiful! I can certainly see it with a band. Look for something carved or maybe micropave in the same white metal. People mix and match rings and bands all the time now.
  • In my area, if you only have one ring on your left hand, that means that the light is still green for single guys to hit on you and bug you - and that really drove my friend Carol nuts.  Here you really have to wear two rings, and so you could get a thin white gold band.  Got mine from JCPenney for $60
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_should-i-wear-wedding-band-with-my-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:f0da4879-ed43-44a1-8740-1c8923127c63Post:b038e3cd-ffc3-4d85-bb5e-ff125b70c9ba">Re: Should I wear wedding band with my e-ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my area, if you only have one ring on your left hand, that means that the light is still green for single guys to hit on you and bug you - and that really drove my friend Carol nuts.  Here you really have to wear two rings, and so you could get a thin white gold band.  Got mine from JCPenney for $60
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

But you live in some wierd time warp where it is still the 1950s.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • My e-ring has a beautiful scroll work carved into the ring going down each side.  I still wanted it to stand out, so my wedding band is just a small 2mm plain band in the same metal as my e-ring.  It's there, but my e-ring still stands out.
  • I like coops idea! Get a plain band to wear on your right hand and keep that BEAUTIFUL engagement ring on your left hand where it belongs!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2013
    You have three options here, from the info you've given:

1.) Wear your engagement ring European style.  That is, the ladies overseas transfer their E- rings to their right hand, and wear their wedding band on their left.  This option would let you wear both without worry of clashing or matching.

2.) Wear your E-ring only on special occassions next to your band.

3.) Make your E-ring your wedding band as well.  There is no rule that says they have to be seperate, and several religions only care about the wedding band.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2013

My e-ring does not really go with a band, but DH insisted.   So I wear the wedding band on my right hand and my e-ring on my left.    It's a split shank so it looks like 2 bands.   Then my mom gave me my grandmother's band  (she was married in 1930).  It's really thin (2mm maybe?).  I now wear that on my left hand also.  But you barely not it's there because the e-ring stands out so much.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_should-i-wear-wedding-band-with-my-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:36Discussion:f0da4879-ed43-44a1-8740-1c8923127c63Post:551dcbaa-cedd-4451-8046-34efed102b8f">Re: Should I wear wedding band with my e-ring?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That ring will stand by itself just fine ... if you feel like you absolutely need to have a wedding band though, I'd probably just go with a really thin and plain band in white gold (Or whatever metal your ring is made out of). But truthfully, it really does look stunning all by itself.
    Posted by RamonaFlowers[/QUOTE]

THIS!

I too was in a similiar boat - the band was not included in the price.  I went back to the place and found a plain gold band for about $100 and had them put it with my engagement ring when he picked it up.
  • harper0813harper0813 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I am moving my engagement ring to my right hand and wearing a band on my left hand, since I also will not have (and do not want) matched rings, sautered together or not. The rings have the same colors, opposite (yellow and white e-ring, and the band will be a gold band with a small baguette diamond).

Etsy has some really well-priced bands. You can spend as low as $50 for a really nice ring there.

And your ring is BEAUtiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards