Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Officially a MD Bride!

Hi ladies!  I JUST booked a date and venue today and wanted to jump on this board and introduce myself.  My name is Leslie and I will be getting married at the Vandiver Inn in Havre de Grace, MD on 11/5/11.  I live in the DC area for the time being and FI is in Delaware so we are sort of all over the place.  I  may need some vendor recommendations down the road since we aren't in the exact area.  But for now, any suggestions for what should be the next thing on the list to look into and book?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officially a MD Bride!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, welcome and congrats and all that :D I just got engaged Friday so I hope no tips, vendors or anything, sorry! Feel free to PM though if you ever just wanna chat
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats to the both of you!!  For me, the next thing I booked after my venue was a photographer.  Some of the area favorites book quickly and for me, that was a main priority/splurge for the day.  After everything is said and done, the photos are what you have to keep your memories of the day alive. 

Best of luck to the both of you - this board was really important for me during planning.  It has gotten a little slow lately but hopefully with all the new engagements it will pick up again.

Weddingwire.com is a useful site to read reviews of local vendors from brides.  I found that super helpful during planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photographer was high on my list of things to book early, since my pictures were one of the really important aspects of my wedding for me.  My suggestion would be to talk to your FI, and each make a list of the 2-3 things that are most important to you regarding your wedding.  Then gradually work your way down the list.  TheKnot also does have a very helpful and organized timeline for when you should book different things, so I would be sure to check it out.

• Options
    iamstephiamsteph member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A photographer was also the second thing we booked after the venue. Then DJ, then flowers, then officiant. You should go on and start making up your invite list, so you know how big a venue you're going to need!
    Married December 18th, 2010 :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome, and congrats!  I booked photographer next as well, then florist and have been just checking my big vendors off the list as I go.

Good luck, looking forward to planning with you!

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: My Dress

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congrats!

After the venue we started to ask our friends to be in our bridal party and then we moved on to the photographer.  But if you need a caterer you should do that soon too!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    akraussakrauss member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome!! =) the top 3 vendors for me, were venue, catering than photograher! HTH! 

I love Harve de Grace, me and FI stayed in a b&b there and it was beautiful! =) Happy Planning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caterer if your venue doesn't do the catering, and photographer. 

We booked those two vendors early.  We were able to get a caterer with a very good reputation and very good prices for the area (Dean and Brown).  And a talented photographer who was just starting her own business (Stephanie Miller) and still had much lower prices than most photographers in the area - her prices were about on par with other local photographers by the time of our wedding.
  • Options
    jflaniganjflanigan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!

Our venue is a restuarant so we didn't need a caterer. After the venue, we booked our photographer and then our officiant. Next up? Music!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards