Second Weddings
Options

XP: AW, my dress & DIY invitations

My reception dress was ready for pickup after alterations (please ignore the "chins", they aren't that apparent when I have my head straight, LOL).........part of getting old

Front

Back:

I had it shortened to be what they apparently call "opera length", shorter in front, longer in back.....

My invitations (intentionally blurry so I don't have to black anything out)

The invitations were the FIRST thing I purchased, before I even got my ring. They were on a sale table at Michael's, $5 for 50. I bought two boxes, and it set the tone/theme for my entire wedding.

I ran the envelopes through my printer using the same font as the invitations, Chopin script, after of course checking with Martha Stewart Weddings online. Martha says it's OK to run the envelopes through the printer, just not to use labels. So, voila !

Re: XP: AW, my dress & DIY invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful dress!  How exciting, you are getting closer- almost 2 months out!

I plan to do my envelopes through a printer too- I think it looks nicer than my crap handwriting or a label.  I figure once you do one and have it set up properly, it can't be that hard- I am right? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, you are right about the envelopes. For me, the worst part was changing each address after printing one, then hand feeding the envelopes through the printer. I also did the back flap with our return address on it as well, and my RSVP return envelopes.

Luckily I only had about 40 envelopes due to the size of our wedding.
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love the dress Sue!

I ended up doing labels for our invites.  I could not get those envelopes through the printer straight.  I used clear labels w/ a nice font and they looked fine.
  • Options
    mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty dress.  Looks like you'll be ready to kick up your heels and party!
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looking good, Sue!  You AND the invitations.  Congrats!
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sue the reception dress is lovely and a smart idea - my gown was sooo heavy and hot.  Everything is looking quite lovely!! Yay!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the dress!  Invitaions are really nice and what a bargain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards