North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Downtown Raleigh Receptions

Hi! I'm Kristen and I'm from Greensboro. FI and I have just started looking into reception venues in downtown Raleigh. We are expecting to have about 120-150 people for a seated dinner. The total budget for the wedding is $15,000, and our budget for the reception venues depends on what they include in the price. I would prefer to not feel like I'm in a little hotel ballroom box with short ceilings and no windows. My colors are coral and orange, so I'm also concerned about the venues carpet or wallpaper from the 70's clashing.
We have made a very short list of places we're interested in looking at. If any of you know anything about these places or have other ideas, that'd be wonderful!
Cobblestone Hall:  http://www.cobblestonehall.com/
North Carolina Museum of History:  http://ncmuseumofhistory.org/fr/index.html

Re: Downtown Raleigh Receptions

• Options
    tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to Cobblestone Hall, but it looks great & is getting great reviews locally. Love the History Museum but's very large, long, and narrow. It might overwhelm your party. They have a lot of great caterer's on their list. Be sure to check out The Stockroom. It's a new space in downtown Raleigh & has more of a warehouse feel. I went to a dinner there a while back and really liked the space. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cobblestone is beautiful and a girlfriend of mine is having her reception at the stockroom, and her budget is the same as yours!
    Photobucket

Anniversary
    213image enjoyed some southern charm
    163imagedrank out of mason jars
    50image stayed up the north
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! We're going to visit a few places this week :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My reception will be at The Stockroom. The room definitely has the look and the feel we were going for.  It is definitely much smaller than Cobblestone - but the price was alot lower and fit our budget. Plus tables and chairs are included.  From what I can remember when I priced Cobblestone out,,  chairs and tables not included in price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had my reception at Cobblestone and it was quite pricey.  All rentals have to come through the venue and you have to select a caterer off of their approved list.  To stick within your budget, I'd recommend the Stockroom.  I know they offer more flexibility and it'll save you $!

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Cobblestone and what the others are saying is true - you have to rent practically EVERYTHING. The only thing they include is the space. They told me if I needed a place to get ready I could use their upstairs office, which is small and not intended for someone to get ready.

We're going with Caffe Luna. Max is 150 people. There is no fee for the space, just a $2500 minimum food cost (which we figured out to be 60 adults). Head count cost includes unlimited beer & wine. You get everything - tables, chairs, silverware, plates, cleanup etc. They will set up your decorations if you drop them off in advance. You can also have the ceremony there for $300 & they will set up.

We found them to be the most economical for our needs, & it's still downtown - we're trying to stay in a 11-15k budget.

Another idea would be Marbles Museum, but I don't know their prices.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used The Stockroom for our rehearsal dinner July 15. I don't know how much it cost as my in-laws paid for it, but it was a really great space.

We used Marbles Museum for our reception July 16. They have their prices online. Kelli was fantastic. You have a set of caterers that you must choose from but the list is fairly long.

We have used the History Museum for events at my work and they alwasy do a great job. The space is really neat and we have never had any problems.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haywood Hall is also a nice choice that no one else has mentioned...it just might be too small for 200. I think their max is 150.

Cobblestone Hall and The Stockroom are also great options that have been mentioned.
  • Options
    SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marbles Kid's Museum in downtown is a great reception place (depsite how it sounds).  There is also a non-denominational church and several resturants that cater right near Moore Square next to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards