Missouri-St Louis
Options

Picking a Photographer

I am having the hardest time deciding on a photographer. I was just curious about how many of you decided on your photographer. Also, I am from the St. Louis area if any of you brides or soon-to-be brides have a good one from the area.

Thanks!
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Picking a Photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having the hardest time deciding on a photographer. I was just curious about how many of you decided on your photographer. Also, I am from the St. Louis area if any of you brides or soon-to-be brides have a good one from the area.

Thanks!
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm fron NJ so have no recommendations, but will tell you that photography is very important to me and that was what I booked second right after the venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at their website and make sure that the photogs style matches your own style of photography.  But also make sure you look a ones that are in your price range.  I found one who was just starting out who takes great pictures but does not charge an arm and leg like a seasoned photographer would. 

Meet with them as well and see if their personality matches your own and if you would get along with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.livelaughlovefotography.com Tori and Nichole are the only two photographers with the company and they will both be at your wedding.  I have met with them and we really clicked.  I like their style of photography and their prices!  They really listened to what I wanted and want to capture what is important to me.  I am confident I would love how they capture my day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a hay-day looking for my photographer.  I met with 6 different photographers before I found one that I liked.  I thought it was super important for me to feel comfortable with them because they are the ones that the bride and the groom get to spend a lot of time with.  The photographer I decided to go with was in my price range, our personalities were super compatible, and I LOVED their pictures.  I also had a friend who used them so I looked at their book as well as the books and pictures they showed me so I could get an idea of what "regular" pictures looked like and I was still impressed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks everyone for your help!

PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask friends and family.  Also, look at reviews on websites. Then, meet with several. I met with four.  I found mine that way and they are awesome!  Mine is Starry Eyed Studios out of Carlinville, IL.  A husband and wife team and their photos are awesome and they are nice, laid back, and fun (and don't charge by the hour!) They really are into what they do too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Word of mouth.  That's how I found all my vendors, actually.  We met with one photographer, loved him, and signed a contract.  Look at the website to see if you like his style (salcincotta.com), set up a meeting, and see if your personalities mesh well.  I was a plus-sized bride (now a plus-sized wife), so that was an issue I wanted addressed (i.e., will this photographer treat me like the elephant in the middle of the room so that I end up with an album of detail shots of my flowers and shoes and hot, skinny cousins?), and address it they did.  Hubs and I are definitely the stars of the day, we look great, we were relaxed and laughing the whole time, and I really can't say enough about him or his second shooter/wife Taylor (also pretty talented herself).  Plus, during the ceremony, they were total ninjas.  I know they were there, I have photographic proof, but there was never a distracting flash or anything that drew our attention away from each other.
    So it really amounts to if you like that photographer's style, personality, price point.  And if you were in a friend's wedding and remember really loving that photographer, that can be a great jumping off point. 
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -Lester Banks, Almost Famous
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_picking-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:f104cfda-ae14-4907-9a65-1cb2a3c0c56dPost:a5dc23cd-469a-4ae2-ba00-187584bed286">Re: Picking a Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ask friends and family.  Also, look at reviews on websites. Then, meet with several. I met with four.  I found mine that way and they are awesome!  Mine is Starry Eyed Studios out of Carlinville, IL.  A husband and wife team and their photos are awesome and they are nice, laid back, and fun (and don't charge by the hour!) They really are into what they do too!
    Posted by angiems97@charter.net[/QUOTE]

They are amazing. But they are pricey as well!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards