Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Rehearsal Dinner near St Louis Cathedral

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good rehearsal dinner venue for 70 people near St Louis Cathedral?  I am an out of town bride and all of the guests are from out of town as well. I would like something close to (walking distance) the cathedral or the New Orleans Marriott, which is where most of the guests are staying. Palace Cafe was our first choice since its right next to the Marriott, but its already booked.

Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner near St Louis Cathedral

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Muriel's www.muriels.com or Napolean House. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The French Quarter is very walkable, and most things are within walking distance of everything else.  It's just a matter of how far people want to walk.

Personally, I would not want to walk from the Marriott down to Saint Louis Cathedral.  So I think there's a big difference there in terms of which location you want your rehearsal venue to be closer to.  If you wanted to be close to the Cathedral, Muriels would indeed be a wonderful choice.

It seems more practical, however, to be closer to the hotel for the rehearsal dinner.  There are many fine dining restaurants within a few blocks of Canal:

Galatoire's
    Cuvee (in the CBD as opposed to the Quarter, but only 3 blocks from the Marriott)
    Arnaud's
    Given that you were interested in Palace Cafe, which is a Brennan family restaurant, there are many more within blocks - Dickie Brennans Steakhose, Bourbon House, Bacco, and Mr. B's

• Options
    eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I second the suggestions above. You can also try the House of Blues or Tujagues.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Palace Cafe would have been my first choice too. I booked it 4 months ago for my rehersal dinner in June.  I recommend GW Fins.  They have awsome food, great service and it's walking distance from the Marriott.
  • Options
    dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just got back from our intimate wedding in NOLA.  We had our rehearsal dinner at Bacco and our reception at Arnauds.  Both were wonderful!  The food, service, and atmosphere at both were impeccable.  I would highly recommend both.
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we used ralph and kacoos...they were great to work with and really let us customize our menu.  At the end we really couldn't beat their price!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards