Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Martha's Vineyard Caterer- Buckley's Gourmet Catering

Hi,

Just got back from our wedding on Martha's Vineyard and wanted to give our caterer a review for the fanastic job they did.  We used Buckley's Gourmet Catering (Jessica manages the staff & her husband Steve is the chef), they are still working on their website but can be contacted at (508) 693-3318.  I can not say enough great things about Jessica Buckley & her staff.  From the minute we met with her months ago we knew she'd be fantastic.  She designed a customized menu for us to fit with our cocktail party theme.  One of the servers took the time to bring us appetizers out to where we took pictures (which was a long walk across a field).  The appetizers, raw bar & dinner were all so delicious.  Jessica even help with the set up (we didn't have a DOC so knowing she was there made everything less stressful for me).

If you are looking for a caterer on the island or know anyone that is looking definitely meet with Buckley's, you won't be disappointed!

Re: Martha's Vineyard Caterer- Buckley's Gourmet Catering

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So happy to hear this!  We've been trying to decide which way to go on caterers and Buckleys has been at the top of the list but we had no reviews.  Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    mandi921vhmandi921vh member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a few parties they have catered, they are amazing!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know how gratuity is figured for Buckley's?  Some caterers include a full 20% on the entire cost, but it seems that Buckley's advises that gratuity for the servers isn't included but should be considered at the client's discretion.  I'm just trying to come up with what that additional cost would be and if it's 20% on the total or just on their service rate? 
    Any guidance would be great from those who have gone the catering route already.  I just don't want to cut anyone or any service short!

thanks
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did 20% of the food cost, Jessica advised us to base it on that.  It was nice that they didn't just include a flat 20%, it's a tip & should be based on the service.  Her staff is fantasic so you'll want to tip well! 
  • Options
    Actually I asked about that and Jessica at Buckley's suggested 20% of the service costs (not food) as a starting point for gratuity.  I asked her what a usual tip was and she said that most  tips range from $50 - $100 per server. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards