Illinois-Chicago

OPEN BAR HELP

I am planning a wedding for march 17th. I have the venue and food catering taken care of. It is in a barn that was rehabbed (Country theme. Grayslake, IL). Very pretty. My problem is finding an alcohol vendor to cater the open bar. I need help! Anyone know of a place? Is it cheaper to provide the alcohol and hire a bartender? Is there insurance issues that go along with that? Thanks

Re: OPEN BAR HELP

• divadancer11divadancer11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am almost positive that you will not only need to get a liquor license but insurance.....does this place not offer a bar?
  • edited December 2011

You must contact the venue to find out their rules about insurance and liquor license. You could also ask them how other couples offered liquor. You can contact your caterer to see if they offer a liquor package. '

I would check on the insurance situation right away, to be sure the vendor you choose can acquire the proper insurances and licences prior to you hiring them, don't forget to check references!!
    Good Luck!

• edited December 2011

The caterer I hired doesnt offer alcohol unfortunately. I am going to email the venue manager to ask but he has only given me a number for an alcohol service provider before that I wasnt pleased with. I called to ask about rates and he couldnt give me any. He said he charges for what is consumed but I'm not a fan of that idea. I dont want to go in having absolutely NO idea what my bill will be for an open bar. Then to top it off he could vary well jack up the quantities and charge whatever he wants. :(

• edited December 2011
    Hi! I assume you're getting married at Bryron? I am too - on June 10. We have not secured our bartender yet, but have gotten referrals to http://www.bevservice.com/ Is that who you contacted? What caterer did you with?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards