September 2012 Weddings

So excited I can hardly sit still!

So I've been emailing with my photags to set up our final meeting.  They are the cutest husband-wife team who are just so sweet.  We fell in love with them immediately.  Well, the wife emailed me this morning asking if it would be okay if they brought a third photographer and that she is really talented at no charge to us.  They even offered to pay for her vendor meal (so sweet but I would not let them do this even if our budget is tight).  I got the impression she was an apprentice of sorts that they are trying to bring on to their team.  I gave a few thoughts to worst-case scenario.  That she could be in the way of the photographers we hired, but then I'd just say something and ask her if she could do me a HUGE favor and take lots of pictures of the outside of the venue because it is really important to me haha.  Plus, I think it would be pretty bold/rude of her to be in their way and I doubt our photographers would work with someone like that.  I checked with FI in case I was totally missing something and he was just like "that is awesome!  more photo opps."  So now I'm excited that while our hired photags are taking formal pics of us, the third one can take pics during cocktail hour of our guests.  And during the reception, if our hired photags follow us around, she can get candids of guests.  I figure even if she sucks and pulls off even 1 nice picture, we made out like bandits.

I feel so blessed that our vendors pull through for us so much.  We aren't having some big swanky expensive wedding because it isn't in the budget but photography was so important to me.  Our photags worked with us to create a package that fit our budget in the first place and now they've gone even farther.  I know many people have to splurge for even two photographers but to have three, I just feel so overwhelmingly thankful. 

Re: So excited I can hardly sit still!

• that's awesome! :-) congrats!
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • That's wonderful  And I loved your headline.  I'm so excited I can hardly sit too.  Nine days till the wedding and 13 until we leave for Italy!!!! YAY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_so-excited-i-can-hardly-sit-still?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:7e8bea22-3818-4114-88a3-3b96c986e33aPost:5dd8cc68-f19b-4bf7-975f-5341661fe460">Re: So excited I can hardly sit still!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's wonderful  And I loved your headline.  I'm so excited I can hardly sit too.  Nine days till the wedding and 13 until we leave for Italy!!!! YAY!
    Posted by sbradke[/QUOTE]

Italy is wonderful.  I spent a semester there in college and miss it all the time
  • I love great vendors!
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_so-excited-i-can-hardly-sit-still?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:7e8bea22-3818-4114-88a3-3b96c986e33aPost:14d0bc48-27be-4cc2-ac18-a1ebbda42b9a">Re: So excited I can hardly sit still!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So excited I can hardly sit still! : Italy is wonderful.  I spent a semester there in college and miss it all the time
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

Which part? We are staying in Fiesole (outside Florence) for a week and then three days in Rome. Any suggestions?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_so-excited-i-can-hardly-sit-still?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:7e8bea22-3818-4114-88a3-3b96c986e33aPost:8bc714e5-e8e6-4cd3-8e96-81271aa4dfa1">Re: So excited I can hardly sit still!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So excited I can hardly sit still! : Which part? We are staying in Fiesole (outside Florence) for a week and then three days in Rome. Any suggestions?
    Posted by sbradke[/QUOTE]

I lived in Perugia which you'll pass right by on your way from Florence to Rome if you take the train.  In Florence, if you guys are at all active, do a tuscany bike tour!  It was one of my favorite things I did my whole semester.  The one I went on had you cycle around this huge vineyard with a castle on it.  They feed you a feast for lunch with wine included (only difficult thing is you have to bike more after you are stuffed and tipsy).  You get to try the vineyard's olive oil and wine and purchase them at a deep discount too (the best red wine I've ever tried...and I've tried a lot!).  I honestly can't remember the name of the company I went with but I have my water bottle (also included) from them at home so I'll PM you my email and if you shoot me a reminder email I'll look at it for you this weekend (don't come on TK much on weekend). I think this is it though
    <a href="http://www.discovertuscany.biz/tuscany_tours/tuscany_bike_tours/mugello_biking_tour.asp" rel="nofollow">http://www.discovertuscany.biz/tuscany_tours/tuscany_bike_tours/mugello_biking_tour.asp</a>

If you are Catholic by chance and in Rome on a Wednesday, I suggest going to the Papal Viewing.  It is free (you just have to reserve a ticket) and was a pretty awesome event.  I was raised Catholic though I don't practice anymore but it was still very moving and how often do you get to see the Pope. 

Also, you can never ever ever have enough of the 5 euro pashminas they sell everywhere.  I live in south Florida and never use a scarf so I thought buying 3 was even excessive.  I wish I had bought more because they are gorgeous and inexpensive so leave room in your suitcase when you pack. 
  • Thanks.  That was super helpful. I had looked at a few of the Tuscany bike tours on line but I hadn't seen that one.  It's definitely up our alley.  I'll remeind you to double check later.

We will be in Rome Friday - Monday.  Doing the Scavi tour of the Vatican for sure. Not sure what else.
  • That is awesome! The more photographers the better! Can't wait to see the pics!
  • how awesome!! :)
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards