Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

How do I tell a photogapher no?

I kind of told somebody they had a job, but it's just way out of budget, even if she did allow payment plans.  How do I gently tell her, "sorry, but you are too spendy for us!"

Re: How do I tell a photogapher no?

• Just let her down easy. Give her a call and tell her honestly that you have outstretched your budget and unfortunately can not afford her services. It is better than things left unsaid.
  • It's just business. 
  • egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    I'm sure you're not the first, nor the last bride that will cancel her services for some reason.  Just be upfront with her about it, as PP said, it's just business, but let her know ASAP in case someone else is interested in her services for your date.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    "After further consideration, we have determined your services are outside of our photography budget.  Thank you for taking the time to consult with us." 
  • What Stephie said. This is business, not personal, as cliche as that sounds. Chances are, you'll never even see this person again. I'm sure you're not the first bride to have to change plans after looking at the budget.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Just what you told us. Tell her that you love her work, but you just can't financially afford her right now. She should totally understand that.
  • Have you signed a contract with her? If not, just do what the previous people have said, just let her know (nicely, of course) that you won't be able to use her after all.
  • Also, if your wedding isn't for a while, chances are they'll still fill the date anyway, so don't worry about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards