Offbeat Weddings
Options

Klingon in My Wedding!

My FI and I are Star Trek fans, and our officiant is one of our best friends. He's also a huge Trek fan, and I asked him if he could incorporate Q'pla into the ceremony. He did one better than that! He took a speech from the Klingon wedding and inserted it:

The warrior stands beneath the naked stars.
Enemies to the left,
Enemies to the right,
They are everywhere.

The warrior fights continuously.
He fights with honor,
But he fights alone.
He can fight perfectly, but he will certainly die.

Thus, we join one another.
One becomes two,
Two become a household,
Houses become armies,
Armies build empires.

(Our names) ... from this day forward, you no longer fight alone.
Today you begin to build your own Empire together.
Life and Honor.

I am so excited I just had to share!

Are any of you incorporating nerdy things into your ceremony?

Re: Klingon in My Wedding!

• Options
    Haha!  That is so fabulous!!  We're not doing anything as bold as that in our wedding, but I really like the wedding speech you're doing!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_klingon-in-my-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:dd0390a9-d10e-4bc9-911e-9ef5c4ad6772Post:8ca1487a-7976-458e-a9fa-43e462574e87">Re: Klingon in My Wedding!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha!  That is so fabulous!!  We're not doing anything as bold as that in our wedding, but I really like the wedding speech you're doing!!
    Posted by Pelesina[/QUOTE]

Thanks! We did it, it was awesome, and only people who watch Star Trek knew that it was Klingon. He also fit in "make it so" and "Q'pla." I was very pleased, flying my nerd flag! :)
  • Options
    LOVE THIS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards