Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Videographer for pre-wedding???

So I'm debating on whether or not to have our videographer for 6 or 8 hours. The 6 is your basic ceremony and reception, 2 videographers, 3 dvds, ect. The 8 ours include all of the above plus pre-ceremony coverage such as the bride getting dressed, the groom getting dressed, ect. The difference between the packages is $600!! Has anybody done the pre-ceremony? Was it worth it? I'm not sure how exciting its going to be watching me put my dress on, that the photographer can't capture. Thank you ladies!

Re: Videographer for pre-wedding???

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    If you're not doing a first look, then I think I would do the 6 hour.  The $600 difference seems very high to me (and not worth it).  However, if you are doing a first look, I would do 8 because you definitely want that.
  • Ditto PP. We hired a videographer who stayed all day from start to finish, and we did a first look. There were a lot of jokes said during the "getting ready" part and when we were taking pictures with our bridal party and parents that I'm glad we recorded. But if you're not doing pictures til afterward, then the 6 hour makes more sense.
  • adamgoatsadamgoats member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    <div>Daves rates are amazing! And everything looks amazing. Dress going on and everything. I think your talking about a "love story" for the prewedding video.</div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://www.evadpro.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.evadpro.com</a></div><div>
    </div><div>Check him out!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_videographer-for-pre-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:56f15a79-545d-4b2d-860e-6572c38e25a0Post:6c5b88d4-9b3b-4e5a-9e42-60ceff74f12f">Videographer for pre-wedding???</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I'm debating on whether or not to have our videographer for 6 or 8 hours. The 6 is your basic ceremony and reception, 2 videographers, 3 dvds, ect. The 8 ours include all of the above plus pre-ceremony coverage such as the bride getting dressed, the groom getting dressed, ect. The difference between the packages is $600!! Has anybody done the pre-ceremony? Was it worth it? I'm not sure how exciting its going to be watching me put my dress on, that the photographer can't capture. Thank you ladies!
    Posted by boyslie72487[/QUOTE]
  • My cousin purchased a different type of videography for her wedding.  I just saw the video on Monday and it included footage from the rehearsal/dinner, ceremony, reception, etc.  It's called www.flipahit.com
  • I hate when videographers charge by the hour. That said, I think years and years from now that is footage you would want. The footage getting ready and everything is awesome and the day will be such a blur you will hardly remember it. I would see if your wedding videographer can work a deal with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards