Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

2 Readings AND a song?

My FI and I are trying to figure out how to include people in our ceremony.  Thus, we'd really like to have 2 readings and a song, but we're concerned that it will be too much.
The first reading is "Union" by Robert Fulghum and the second would be an exceprt from Corinthians 13.
The song (which will be sung by our best man) is In the Still of the Night, and is about 2 1/2 minutes long.
Is this too much?  I don't want people to be bored, but I so much want to include people who are very special to us, but weren't included in the bridal party.

Thanks!

Re: 2 Readings AND a song?

• I think that's fine, but this is coming from someone who had two songs. 1 Cor. 13 is not a long reading, though I don't know about the length of your other one.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    We had one reading and a song.  The minister did the reading.  The song was an instrumental, a violin duet.
  • We're both musicians, so music is a really important part of our ceremony. All in all, we'll probably have the processional piece, 2 hymns, 2 pieces sung by our family/friends choir, and the recessional piece. 
  • What are some of your readings?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards