Florida-West Coast

Wedding Reviews for 9/10/11 wedding

Hi girls! So I have a couple days before I am off for my Honeymoon so I decided to post these reviews before I left!

Stephanie A. Smith Photography
A+++++++++++
Absolutely love her and our second shooter Carolina. Stephanie is just amazing pure and simple. From her artistic vision, her warm smile, and her genuine presence. We did our engagement shoot with her and she nailed what I wanted, and for our wedding she posted 3 teasers for me and I was blown away. She was never in your face but she captured the true raw emotion of the day. Just perfect.

Destiny Hair & Light Makeup
A+++
Priscilla and her makeup team rocked. I had 11 girls that had to be done in a 5 hour time period and they finished the job with time to spare. We had to start at 7 am for a 1:00 ready time! All of them were in good spirits and were all so accomodating to the girls on what they desired for their hair.  Priscilla made me look and feel so beautiful. This was one of the best decisions I made to hire their group.

Black Tie DJ's-Chuck
A

Very professional. Met with us before the wedding to go over our music selections and also make recommendations. He was a great MC for the night, and very much catered to us.

Plantation Golf and Country Club
A
Their catering director Jess Masden made my life so much easier. She was also willing to answer my questions, and the couple days before the wedding she met with me. Since they had a golf tournament the night before my wedding I was unable to get into the room to set ANYTHING up. She took care of everything for me, and when I got into the room her and her staff outdid themselves. It looked just how I envisioned.  The food was great, and the staff was all very prompt and accomodating.

Connie Duglin-
A
My sales woman was Jessica and she handled all the delivery and pickup for me. She also coached me on the exact lines I should buy since the chair at the venue were unique.  I had no problems with them whatsoever.

Affairs in the Air
A

Again another great company. Carolyn was so easy to work with and always very cheerful.  They hung different shaped lanters & lights over my dance floor and it was exactly what I wanted. 

JOS A Banks
D

We first decided to buy suits due to the fact that tux rentals are usually just as expensive as suits. So Jos A Banks "cut" us a deal for the suits saying that the regular suit would be $150 plus a $12 tailoring fee. or you could upgrade to the tailored suit for $230 plus a tailoring fee.  Let me tell you atleast 3 of the guys had to get their suits re-ordered bc they sized them wrong, also some of the tailoring fees went up the over $100 dollars.  I felt like they tired to nickel and dime us and add hidden fees.

Re: Wedding Reviews for 9/10/11 wedding

• jc04100657jc04100657 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like everything went perfect! I am sorry to hear about JOS A Banks, we are renting tuxes from them so I will be making sure everyone goes in early enough to try the tuxes on before the big day! :) Congrats and have a wonderful honeymoon!!!

Edit: We need to see pictures please :)
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • ShakeUpTampaShakeUpTampa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are renting only ties, one vest, and possibly shoes from Jos A Banks. Only because they are partners with AA and the colors match my palette. I refused to rent or buy because otherwise the prices are crazy. FI got his $400 suit from Kohls for $135 with coupons and sales. I considered using Destiny but then one of my clients is a hair dresser and we bonded and she wants to do my whole party at a very reasonable price. I'm glad you had an amazing day and would love to see photos!
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Sounds like a great day. We also used Priscilla for our hair and makeup in April and my sister is using them 11/13/11 for her wedding!
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad your wedding went well
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • chescamchescam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy that you had such a great day. I'm using Destiny and light too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • LuckyHeatherLuckyHeather member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you had a good day!  Thanks for the reviews; good to know about Jos A.  Congratulations!

Enjoy your honeymoon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards