New York-Upstate
Options

20th Wedding Vow Renewal Ideas

We are a military family relocating to the northeast in May. Because we are visiting family during that time (Albany-Saratoga), my husband and I will be holding our 20th Wedding Vow Renewal / Family Reunion together. We do not need anything elegant, we are a simple family on a budget. We are looking for a Barn Venue (similar to  http://persistencefoundation.org)  but for a small gathering of 30-40 people only. Many of the Barn Venues I have been looking at have a minimum of 80+ people and both sides of our family are not very big. I am also looking for a Barn Venue / Park with wheelchair accessibility as well.

Any ideas would be grateful.  Thank you.

Re: 20th Wedding Vow Renewal Ideas

• Options
    I don't know of any barn venues.. but if you are looking for something unique.. try this.
    http://www.raquettelakenavigation.com/

I have been on this boat many times (i vacation in this area) and I have attended one wedding on the boat, which was AMAZING.(One of my close friends)

You can either get married on the boat (the capitain can marry you!).. or there is a beautiful small non-denominational church on the lake that you can only get to by boat, that they will take you to.. they have an amazing chef who studied at the CIA and different options for either sit down dinner, buffet, or simply an appetizer cruise.

Definetly a wedding people will talk about for a long time!
    Good luck with your planning.
  • Options
    If you're looking for a great barn venue, try the barns at nipmoose, there is more information at weddingsinsaratoga.com
  • Options

Check out www.mcguiresmillracefarm.com
    McGuire's Millrace Farm in western North Carolina is a gorgeous place to renew your vows! I am doing so in September of this year! It is on a 100 acre farm and has historic buildings, a pond, arbor, and a huge beautiful barn. And their chef is amazing! Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards