Latino Weddings

A country/Mexican wedding??

Ok so I just got engaged and I've always wanted a tradition mexican wedding since I was 8 when I went to my tias wedding in mexico. But as I got older I attended a couple of weddings in the country and I loved it. I still want a traditional mexican wedding but how do I incorporate both a country and mexican wedding??

Also my fiancee is white and tells me as long as he marries me he doesn't care how the ceremony and reception goes. So since the decision is all up to me how can I make his very- how can I put this nicely? White accustomed? family comfortable during the wedding?? 

Thanks.

Re: A country/Mexican wedding??

• edited December 2011
    You can have Mariachis!  Maybe for the dance you can play a mix of country music & Spanish music.  Perhaps for your favors you can give out Mexican candy?  In the ceremony you can incorporate the arras, lazo, and those things.  
  • edited December 2011
    Hello:

I am recently engaged too and my FI and I are going to have a wedding in the country, and while I am also a Latina, born and raised in Dallas, Texas, more Americanized that not, and my FI is straight up MEXICAN, from Aguascalientes & we are going to incorporate a lot of Traditional Mexican things that I was not aware of. Its sad I know, how little I know of my own CULTURA! :( But we will have Mariachis as inidcated above, incorporating arras, lazo and such, and we will be giving Maracas as part of our wedding favors.

Our music: we will be playing a large variety, from Oldies to Hip-Hop, Rancheras to Country, etc. Regardless, I am sure your wedding will turn out perfect like every bride to be wants. Remember that just because Americans may not be accustomed to our Mexican culture, I think what matters most is that people are going to be HAPPY to be there and be a part of your special day, and will actually enjoy seeing both cutlures uniting as one. I mean lets FACE IT: Everyone knows LATINAS add a little spice, to those BOLIOS life! lol :)

Wishing you a lifetime of Happiness in your marriage!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards