March 2013 Weddings

Engagement pics

Have any of you got your engagement pictures done yet? We are doing ours next month!! Im getting really excited! Also are you going to put a picture in your newspaper?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement pics

• We did our Engagement pictures on June 3rd and are sending the Save the Dates out by the end of this month since it will be exactly 9 months away by then. We weren't planning on doing an announcement in the paper, but I was thinking about doing one for the Arizona State University Alumni magazine after the wedding, since we met at ASU.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't set ours up yet but I'm thinking August or September for our pics. We're not doing save the dates to save money, at least not physical ones. I've thought about doing an electronic one, but we'll see.

I don't think I'll put anything in our local papers. At least for me, it's not a big deal. Anyone I would want to know about the engagement pretty much knows. The people from high school I really care about, I'm friends with on FB, and a lot of them have moved anyways. It's a pretty big city so chances are most people reading it won't know who I am anyways, haha.

I do like the idea of putting something in our college alumni magazine thing. We met there, I graduated from there, and he wants to go back (though the university is kinda going downhill IMO and it's cheaper to go to the local tech college, so I might push him that direction.. haha).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I had planned on doing our end of April, just because the weather isnt so hot in Florida. That didnt happen thanks to me being slammed trying to finish school. We are doing our in the next couple of weeks (my sister is taking them). I want to have my save the dates out by the end of July first week of August. I will not be putting anything in the paper.. everyone already knows we are engaged.. its been over a year. lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Fiance is a photographer so we did ours ourselves earlier in the spring they came out really cute :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker There is no right or wrong way to have a wedding.
  • We are waiting until September, I just like the colors then =) But we aren't doing save the dates, and we won't put anything in the newspaper.
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We did our engagement photos at the end of May and I can't wait to get all the photos back! We did the engagement session to get to know our photographer and because it was part of her package. We are hoping to use them for save the dates that we want to send out this month. My mom also wants to put a photo in the local newspaper. I'm from a small town so it kinda makes sense. 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks everyone for responding!!! Good Luck to those doing pictures! And also to those getting there save the dates ready! Hell.. Good Luck to everyone ; )

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just did our e-session this wkd! Planning on sending the save the dates by early August. We put an announcement in the paper earlier this year- I like having it as a keepsake and my grandma loved seeing it in the paper... She shared it with pretty much everyone she knew haha but it was sweet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • awww that is really cute!! We are sending our save the dates out in september! Now if this summer would hurry up and be over, our weddings will be here in a flash!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing our pictures on July 14th. I FINALLY settled on a photographer and I got a free e-session with him for booking! I am super excited to finally take pictures so i can send out my save the dates! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We haven't found anyone to take ours yet :(  I want some taken so I will keep looking

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we did them awhile ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards