Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Time needed for photos

Hello all, 

I plan to take care of photos with the wedding party and families before the ceremony. Does anyone have suggestions on how long taking the photos will take? 

Thanks! 

Re: Time needed for photos

• Here's the advice we got on time from our photographers.

We have 3 BM and 3 Gm, a flower girl and a ring bearer.  Our families are pretty small (we each have one sibling, both are married, one has 2 kids), so they told us to plan for about an hour for photos, maybe a little less.  We're doing all our photos before our ceremony, which starts at 4:30.  We are doing our first look at 2:45, so we can be done with all photos by 4 when we anticipate most of our guests showing up.

HTH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I would say an hour maybe, but make sure you talk with your photographer beforehand and have ideas ready when they get there. I've personally shot weddings before and it goes much more quickly when you know what you want!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_time-needed-for-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:58eb18ef-89e5-474a-9309-1aa21159fe93Post:af5d3755-f0e3-4b1a-865c-4802837c59b0">Time needed for photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello all,  I plan to take care of photos with the wedding party and families before the ceremony. Does anyone have suggestions on how long taking the photos will take?  Thanks! 
    Posted by dustinandtricia[/QUOTE]
    Pictures should take at least 2 hours, especially if you travel to locations!

Pictures will take more of your time than you may realize.  Through your pictures, you will 'tell' the story of your wedding so use it to your advantage.  Pre-plan your pictures ,  staging and start a picture board NOW so you can easily translate what you want to your photographers.  PROMISE YOURSELF to have a sit down with your photographers to insure that all parties are on the same page.  You, as the bride, are the director, producer and star of your wedding day so make sure your photographers capture every nuance and smile.  Pre-plan your pictures and construct a theme from which to coordinate this event. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Sparkles of Joy!
  • I would ask the photographer. They will have a better idea of how fast they work.

That being said, my photographer told us to allow 2 hours for our photos!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am hoping to take a few pics with my BP before the ceremony, then BP and B & G pics after the ceremony and before reception. I have about an hour between the reception and ceremony and about 2 or so hours before the ceremony.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'd give yourself an hour to an hour and a half.  Provide your photographer with a list of photos you want taken.  Be sure to write down the first names of people, so the photographer can call out the names.  This helps move the process along smoothly.  I didn't have many formal pics taken.  We opted to have formals done after the ceremony.  I felt like I was keeping everyone from enjoying cocktail hour, so I had the photog hurry it up.  I regret that.  I wish we had done photos ahead of time and had taken our time.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My photographer suggested 2.5 hours but were also doing first look photos. I guess it depends on how large your WP and family is. Your photographer should be able to give you a pretty good time frame.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards