Moms and Maids
Options

=

Ok whoa girls.......

First of all I want to appologize for venting in the heat of the moment. Turns out the story I was told got totally twisted and all my bridesmaids and moms just needed was clarification on what I meant by 'natural' makeup. Its all good now. My sincere appologies if I offended anyone. And yes it is our day, not my day. I do love my fiance, MOB, MOG and bridesmaids very much.

Again my appologies for freaking out.....

Re: =

• Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you kidding?
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:a052c1d3-5b88-4f1b-bce0-b37968d01b40">MOG & 1 Bridesmaid Makeup Issues......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there I informed my 4 bridesmaids and the mother of the groom along with my mom that I want everyone to be wearing an natural face (makeup wise) for the ceremony and pictures, as our wedding is during the day at the end of May. The last thing I want is a bunch of two bit whores walking around for my bridal party.....thanks but NO THANKS. I have been recently informed that my mother in law and sister in law (one of the bridesmaids) do not like this idea and want to both wear an evening face for the day. They say its because they need their eyes to stand out because they have small eyes. This is making me extremely mad because not only are my wants being ignored and totally disregarded, but it is the only thing that I have told them I would like. HELP!! I am at the point of giving in, I'm so sick of drama over petty issues like this (trust me). My fiance unfortunately is siding with my mother and sister in law which is making it even worse. He thinks I should compromise! But why?! I'm the BRIDE and its MY day not my mother in law's or sister in laws. Plus, I don't want any of my bridesmaids or the moms taking away from me. I want to shine and I feel these two ladies are trying to get the spotlight, acting like its their day. HELP!! Any suggestions??!?!?!
    Posted by Hvnscent[/QUOTE]

Here's a suggestion:  GROW THE HELL UP!!!

oh - and I highly recommend telling your FMIL that she looks like a two bit whore wearing makeup.  Be sure to do it in front of your FI.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    bAEblingbAEbling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:a052c1d3-5b88-4f1b-bce0-b37968d01b40">MOG & 1 Bridesmaid Makeup Issues......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there I informed my 4 bridesmaids and the mother of the groom along with my mom that I want everyone to be wearing an natural face (makeup wise) for the ceremony and pictures, as our wedding is during the day at the end of May. The last thing I want is a bunch of two bit whores walking around for my bridal party.....thanks but NO THANKS. I have been recently informed that my mother in law and sister in law (one of the bridesmaids) do not like this idea and want to both wear an evening face for the day. They say its because they need their eyes to stand out because they have small eyes. This is making me extremely mad because not only are my wants being ignored and totally disregarded, but it is the only thing that I have told them I would like. HELP!! I am at the point of giving in, I'm so sick of drama over petty issues like this (trust me). My fiance unfortunately is siding with my mother and sister in law which is making it even worse. He thinks I should compromise! But why?! I'm the BRIDE and its MY day not my mother in law's or sister in laws. Plus, I don't want any of my bridesmaids or the moms taking away from me. I want to shine and I feel these two ladies are trying to get the spotlight, acting like its their day. HELP!! Any suggestions??!?!?!
    Okay, if the idea of your WP wearing <strong>eye makeup</strong> makes you suspect sabotage is afoot, you have serious problems.  Big, giant, fat, serious problems that only a mental health professional can help you with.
    Meg: Some people get parades, Brooke got a whole FB board in her honor
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, you're right about one thing... This IS a petty issue to create drama over.  But the person creating the drama isn't your MIL or SIL.  It's you.  Let it go.  It's their face and you are being completely controlling and micromanaging for no reason.

Oh, and if they wear totally natural makeup, your wedding photos will look like a bunch of squinty ghosts anyway, so yeah, they are probably right that they need some eye makeup to help enhance their eyes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bAEblingbAEbling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, if you refer to your FI's mother and sister as "two bit whores" I frankly can't believe he still wants to marry you.  If my DH ever said something like that about my family while we were engaged, I would have dumped him so quickly it would have made his head spin.  Because that would have made him a horrible person.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no advice for you.  My mouth dropped open when I read your post, seriously.
  • Options
    immaeetuimmaeetu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Two-bit whores?  So you'd be okay if they looked like classy prostitutes?

• Options
    bAEblingbAEbling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:a2cbbe4a-5263-4f21-acb8-3bc7cfdcc4f8">Re: MOG & 1 Bridesmaid Makeup Issues......</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two-bit whores?  So you'd be okay if they looked like classy prostitutes?
    Posted by immaeetu[/QUOTE]
    Think Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge vs. Charlize Theron in Monster.  Which would you rather have standing up with you?
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow. Really?  I am normally kind on these boards but that is bad... bad bad bad....

Since when does the Bride get to decide what people do or don't do with their hair or make up on the day of the wedding? NEVER!

If they want to wear make up, let them....that's really none of your business.

I think you need to do some soul searching and figure out exactly why this has become such an issue for you.....

I'm shocked!
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:e2a8f8dc-50d7-4d51-be70-b32a3f1287ea">Re: MOG & 1 Bridesmaid Makeup Issues......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MOG & 1 Bridesmaid Makeup Issues...... : Think Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge vs. Charlize Theron in Monster.  Which would you rather have standing up with you?
    Posted by bAEbling[/QUOTE]

Yes, except Nicole Kidman WAS wearing eye makeup, and Charlize Theron wasn't.
  • Options
    bAEblingbAEbling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:b31dcc7c-f4f7-441a-8b58-88c150996ac4">Re: MOG & 1 Bridesmaid Makeup Issues......</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: MOG & 1 Bridesmaid Makeup Issues...... : Yes, except Nicole Kidman WAS wearing eye makeup, and Charlize Theron wasn't.
    Posted by FayeValentine69[/QUOTE]
    Alright, two votes for Charlize Theron (Faye and OP)...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:a052c1d3-5b88-4f1b-bce0-b37968d01b40">Just a JOKE freak out.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow.....

Yeah, wow.  Now you're calling it a joke?  It's a joke alright.
  • Options
    bAEblingbAEbling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:a052c1d3-5b88-4f1b-bce0-b37968d01b40">Just a JOKE freak out.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow.....
    Holy backpedal batman!

Hopefully this means you've been properly shamed into acting like a grown-up around the women who will be your family.
  • Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:a052c1d3-5b88-4f1b-bce0-b37968d01b40">Just a JOKE freak out.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow.....
    This wasn't a very good joke.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If this is your sense of humor, I feel sorry for your friends and family.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Can someone tell the moderator that when things like this happen, and we are honest with our answers, posters don't get to call us mean.  just sayin......

My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How is making fun of your in-laws funny?  Or using them to get a good laugh?  You have a twisted sense of humor.  You should make friends with lindsaywhateverelse over on CC.  You probably could find humor in each other.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-1-bridesmaid-makeup-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:8db954d8-f119-4757-b7a7-b721ce1e06f5Post:ea23f126-aee4-4b6f-9b1a-f55eb038cfc6">Re: Just a JOKE freak out.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]If this is your sense of humor, I feel sorry for your friends and family.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]
    Don't forget her FI!
  • Options
    KnibletKniblet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Can someone tell the moderator that when things like this happen, and we are honest with our answers, posters don't get to call us mean.  just sayin......
    Posted by Muffin'sMom[/QUOTE]
    Thanks to quoting, at least I got to see what she said.
    And yeah, honesty is a far cry from harassment.

And they never say anything to me... they go straight to TK Gods.
    vacation vacation vacation vacation
    It's almost here! Weeeeeeee!
    my read shelf:
    Jaime's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    43/70 books read

Back in June 2010...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards