Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Back of church has see-thru doors and walls

The vestibule of my church (where you enter the church to walk down the aisle) is seperated, but with clear glass walls and doors. So when my groom is standing up at the altar, he and everyone else will be able to see all my bridesmaids and myself lining up to walk down the aisle. Any ideas on how to cover up the walls? Room dividers? Buying curtains for the church and installing them? ($$ And not sure the Church would be OK with that) Ideally, I would want to have the doors open and that be the first time that he saw me.. I'm worried that room dividers would look really cheap.. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Re: Back of church has see-thru doors and walls

• Options
    Check first with the church about what can be done about it. Maybe they have a vendor in mind that they use for this. If all else fails, maybe you can talk to your florist and have them place stands with flowers to block you from view.
  • Options
    The church where my cousin was married was the same way, and at least as a guest, for me it did not take away from the moment of her walking down the aisle. I wouldn't worry about it.

Might you stand and wait someplace out of sight (around the corner? idk the layout of the church), and make walking accross the vestibule and then through the doors and down the aisle part of your walk?
  • Options

How big is your vestibule?  Could you just stand outside until its your turn to walk down the aisle?  And I would also speak with someone at your church, they may have had similar requests from other brides.  My church has a childrens room off to the side and I waited in there until it was time to walk down the aisle.  They have curtains to close it off when needed.

• Options
    Your groom and his best man could wait with the minister in the vestry for the processional music to start, at which point they would take their places at the altar. That is how I have seen it done at religious ceremonies.

• Options
    I would ask what is typically done at the church for weddings.
    Honestly, we were taking a lot of pictures at our venue before the wedding as people showed up, and about 20-30% of our guests saw me before the wedding, and it wasn't really a big deal. I did a first look, and I was pretty laid back about that aspect, and it didn't bother me.
  • Options
    White plastic tablecloths from the dollar store. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_back-of-church-has-see-thru-doors-and-walls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:3d759acf-da7d-4271-a610-2042daa2b404Post:ea39571a-d866-4910-b998-368c6534666a">Re: Back of church has see-thru doors and walls</a>:
    [QUOTE]The church where my cousin was married was the same way, and at least as a guest, for me it did not take away from the moment of her walking down the aisle. I wouldn't worry about it. <strong>Might you stand and wait someplace out of sight (around the corner?</strong> idk the layout of the church), and make walking accross the vestibule and then through the doors and down the aisle part of your walk?
    Posted by RMcDougle[/QUOTE]

This is what I am going to do.

If that is not an option, maybe you can just have someone stand in front of you until it is your turn to walk.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards