October 2012 Weddings

QOTD 11/29

What do you call your in laws?  What does DH call you parents?
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: QOTD 11/29

• I call  my in laws by their first names. I have since they asked me to in the beginning of our relationship. H doesn't really address my parents by anything.
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I haven't changed what I call my in laws as they haven't suggested it, and I'm not asking. So, Tom & Terri it is!

H calls my dad "Pop" cause that is what my dad suggested, but H is still adjusting to it because he used to avoid calling them anything. I don't know what, if anything, he calls my mom yet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First names all around!
  • We both call our in-laws by their first names. No one's approached saying otherwise, and I don't think we'll change it up.
    Anniversary
  • We both call our ILs by their first names. MIL sometimes signs birthday cards and such as "mom" but she doesn't expect me to call her that.

Anniversary
  • We call our in-laws by their first names.  My mom signs cards "Mama" (which is what i call her) and my MIL signs them "Dad and Mom F".
    it took me a good year or so to start calling them by their first names...i was raised to call adults Mr and Mrs.
  • We both call each other's parents by first names. 

Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Call them by their first names. I asked DH if he wanted me to call them mom and dad and he said absolutely not! lol

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • First names on both sides.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We both use first names with each other's parents.

Like Christina, I was raised with Mr. and Mrs. so when my MIL told me to call her by her first name, it was awkward for me.  I didn't address either of them by anything for 6 or 8 months until I was comfortable using first names.
  • I've only met them twice, and have avoided anything. First names should be appropriate. He calls my parents by their first names as well, although I have heard him call my Mom "Mom" once.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • edited November 2012
    We call them by their first names. If we're talking to each other, then it might be "your mom" or something to that effect, but neither of us is comfortable with calling the other's parents "mom" and "dad".
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Harriet and Allen. I cannot imagine calling them mom and dad. They aren't, and never will be, my parents.
  • I live in GA and Mr and Ms are considered polite so its Mr Donald and Ms Ann. I've called them that since day one and don't plan to change. Justin calls my mom Ms Ruby and my stepdad just by Toby...that's what I call him too. Before my Daddy passed he called him Mr George...and anytime he references him now that's what he calls him. I do however call his grandmothers by what all the other grandkids call them when referencing them..it took a long time to develop that but they call one Grandma and the other Granny..I called both of my Grandma with their first name. If I called Granny Grandma everyone thought I was talking about Grandma not Granny so now I just learned to not have to explain which one I mean I have to say if its Grandma or Granny...isn't THAT confusing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First names for everyone, except when we're talking to our niece and nephews - then it's grandma and grandpa.  Neither H nor I are comfortable with calling people other than our own parents "mom" and "dad".
  • DH's nephews call his dad GaaGaa (the oldest couldn't say Grandpa and called him Gaagaa and it stuck!) so most of us call him G or Big G and that works for me because I feel funny using his first name and Mr. E is too formal. DH calls my parents by their first names although it took him a long time to do that because he was raised in the south where Mr. or Mrs. is the polite way to address an elder.

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • First names all around here too.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards