Massachusetts-Boston

Engagement Photo Help!

Hey everyone,

I hope this post doesn't repeat itself. My first post disappeared. 

I'm a first time poster and I'm in a bit of a predicament. Our wedding is going to be in December 2013. We're scheduling an engagement shoot for the end of the summer and our photographer allows for 1-3 different locations. These photos will be used on the save the dates and on our wedding website. I also really want nice pictures of us. My first question is, is it okay to have somewhat summer-y photos even though our wedding in the winter? My second question is does anyone have an idea of some places we could go? I was thinking a library for one because we both are book nerds. We're looking pretty much anywhere in the North Shore, by Plymouth (where our photographer is from), around Boston or out by Fitchburg.

Thanks!
Sam

Re: Engagement Photo Help!

• If you can do a few locations I would suggest going into Boston. The public gardens make for some gorgeous pictures then you can head over to Copley Square and take pictures in front of the Boston Public Library and possibly inside it too. Copley Square is pretty in general so there could be some good photo opportunities there as well. As for the summery picture for a winter wedding I don't think it would be strange. They normally go out 6-9 months in advance so it would be perfect for the season you're sending them out in.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with bar, I don't think there is anything wrong with summery pictures even though your wedding is in the winter. As far as locations go I can also add Castle Island, it's pretty and close to Boston as well. I've also seen someone's engagement pictures in deCordova museum in Lincoln, MA, those came up great if that's not too far for you. Good luck and have fun with the pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for the feedback. My fiancee and I are thinking Castle Island in the end of July. I'll post pictures after.

Thanks again!!! Laughing
  • The Boston Public Library is beautiful and they do allow you to go in and take photos.  There are so many unique places in there including a beautiful courtyard with a fountian.
  • Salem, MA
    Rich history
    Water shots
    Charming brick and streets

Ours came out great!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_engagement-photo-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:0ab44746-1159-4f6e-a4d6-d7dc4b29ac86Post:a0477aa4-f14c-4658-b74f-e6c5ed2ce799">Re: Engagement Photo Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Boston Public Library is beautiful and they do allow you to go in and take photos.  There are so many unique places in there including a beautiful courtyard with a fountian.
    Posted by Misheyld[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards