South Carolina-Charleston

back from wedding(reviews)

ok so overall the wedding was so beautiful that all the little things that went wrong didnt even matter..so heres my vendors and my reviews of them : )

ceremony and reception site: 1677-b east ashley ave. A

ceremony took place on the beach and reception was on rooftop of beach house. ceremony was breathtaking(i couldnt ask for better weather) and reception site had the most beautiful views. price was worth it for housing 12 guests all week plus serving as a reception site..wonderful! p.s. only 75 guests should be allowed on roof. a few malfunctions with elevator but it only has a 500lb weight limit so dont let a lot of big people all at once.

food: regal catering A+

absolutley wonderful food! everyone was raving and even the little flower girls who don't eat anything but junk even had some! michelle was wonderful in setting up everything on the food tables and was so nice to pack a basket with a portion of every food we had at the reception plus our wine and champagne for our wedding night..

cake: cakes by karsarda A

cake was beautiful and tasted delicious! had a little difficulty cutting the cake(the fondant made it a little hard to cut) so i suggest having someone take the fondant off the part you are cutting for the cake cutting portion with bride and groom..made for funny pics i'm sure though..

photographer: liz duren (to be determined)

we still havent got our pics back yet but i'm sure they are beautiful..will update when she has them up.

rentals: snyder's  A

my caterer organized everything i wanted with snyders so it made for easier transition..only thing i didnt like was that our expensive square tables we ordered were nothing more than square plywood stacked on top of regualar smaller round tables..i could have gone to lowes and bought plywood  for cheaper and just bought the smaller tables..but i have to say the linens and everything else was beautiful on the tables..

rehearsal dinner caterer: lowcountry boil B+

ok so the food was delcious and they were very courteous..but i have to say i had provided the tables and chairs but they were supposed to bring the linens..i think crossed wires between mother-in-law and caterer..it might have been her fault but it made it so ugly with the bare tables...other than that it was pretty good.

florist: keepsakes florist A+

i have to say karen pulled it off so beautifully..our initial meeting where she bought a sample of what it was to look like scared me but in the end she heard what i wanted and even was able to find some peonies i wanted but were hard to get...her reception centerpieces were so beautiful, i was in awe...

hair and makeup: covergirl brides A+

all i have to say is karen made me look like a supermodel with the glamourous hair and airbrush makeup..i had gotten a sunburn and she managed to hide it..highly recommend!!

dj: jaymaxwell music by request A

mike did a wonderful job! very personable and once we got people dancing, everyone had a good time..a few people thought it was a bit loud at times but i'm hard of hearing so i thought it was perfect..but really he did wonderful and he gave us a cd at the end with all our music on it.

bridal dress and bridesmaid dress: southern bride  in greenville,SC  F

ok so here's  where i got upset..when i first got my dress everything was fine, but once you pay, they could really care less about you..they never call you back, they are very disorganized, and when you ask them a question they don't have a clue..they really screwed up the bridesmaid dresses...most were too small and these girls lost weight!! should not have been too small, but too big instead..thank god i took them to a different seamstress..the owner is a total b*&(&...i am a very understanding person but these people took me and several other brides i heard for a ride..do not recommend!!!

flowergirl dresses: weddingtutus.com A+
girls looked so adorable in them..easy shipping..wonderful all around!

alterations for bridal gown: jeans of mount pleasant C

alterations and jewelry i got were fine..its just the attitude i got in the end is why i gave it a C...

alterations for most of the bridal gowns: kitty's alterations in greenville, SC A+

kitty worked wonders on the girls dresses and gave us a discount as well! she felt bad for us because she had worked with brides who got their dresses from southern bride and gave sympathy..absolutely wonderful!

alterations for one bridesmaid dress: mr. mac's tailors mount pleasant A+

the lady did a wonderful job of fixing a bridesmaid dress that was too small...she too gave me a discount..

guys suits: jean's of mt pleasant (not sure)

i wasn't there when the guys suits were picked up but they all turned out fine..i'm still not feeling the love with them after their attitude with me. but the guys did look handsome in their suits.

all in all everything got fixed, and everyone was happy..hope i didn't leave anything out!

Re: back from wedding(reviews)

• edited December 2011
    Glad to hear Karen worked out great, I plan on getting the air brush make-up. Thanks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please post some pics of your wedding! I really want to see your airbrushed make up :)
  • PICUNurseAmyPICUNurseAmy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey
     My wedding was at the house the weekend before yours. The elevator kept breaking on us too. The rain held off for my ceremony, but not for the reception, we had to bring everything from the roof to the garage but it worked out ok.
    Amy
  • shannjeffshannjeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    glad to hear it worked out ok..my mother-in -law was pissed about the elevator but what can you do?lol i will post pics as soon as i get them..i'm so antsy about seeing them..my photographer had several weddings/engagement sessions over the past two weeks so i think thats why its taking her longer than usual..if my mom sends me some family ones she took i will post : )
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congratulations!  I'm glad to hear you had great weather; I can't wait to see pictures too.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards