September 2012 Weddings

Random thoughts/questions

First off, I had a pretty bad bridal meltdown yesterday lol. Not in the Bridezilla sense- just out of frustration. I emailed my parents a copy of FI's birth certificate that we will need to apply for the marriage license...Apparently it WASN'T a birth certificate, but a certificate of birth registration (WTF). So, we were frantically trying to get a copy of FI's birth certificate sent (wedding in less that 2 1/2 weeks... we LEAVE for the wedding out of state in a week!!). It was so stressul thinking that the MOST important part, legally getting MARRIED woudn't happen. Apparently though, the county where we are getting the marriage license said they will accept what we have .PHEW!

Random question: What are your thoughts of glow sticks for the dance part of the reception. Part of me thinks it would be fun, but it is also on the cheesy side. Do you think they would add or detract from the dancing/party atmosphere? 

Also, we'll be doing a blue signature drink (most likely something with blue curaceao, sprite and vodka...maybe some lemonade)- any name ideas? Only thing I can think of is "Something blue" that's wedding related....

Thanks ladies! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Random thoughts/questions

• Yikes about the birth certificate scare, but I'm glad it worked out. Funny enough, all we needed was our driver's licenses, ss cards and 35 bucks. haha 

I LOVE the thought of glow sticks for the wedding. If you think there will be plenty of people to dance, then I say go for it, but if it's mostly an older crowd then I'd probably skip it since they might not get very used. Super cute idea, though... I think. =)

Also I love the "Something Blue". You could also do something not WR related really like "Blue Skies" or something lovey like "Violets are Blue" (like "roses are red, violets are blue...)

Idk if that helped... lol
  • Omg on the brith certificate scare! I'm glad it all worked out.  My signature drink is blue as well....and I have NO idea what to call it either haha
  • I'm glad the marriage license thing got sorted out!!  I personally HATE glow sticks so I would veto them.  However, that is just my personal opinion.  You know your crowd better than we do :)
    September 2012: Invitations

• About 2 months ago FI showed me he had his birth certificate. I said to him at the time to put it somewhere safe and DON'T lose it because we would need it... well this morning we spent 2 HOURS searching the house to no avail and decided to go talk to the ladies at town hall to find out what are options are. Luckily for us they accepted his passport as he would have needed his birth certificate to obtain that! So I TOTALLY know that stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Glad the birth certificate issue worked out....any issue this close to the date gets ridiculously stressful!

I think glowsticks are fine-we are giving them out to the kids to try and keep them happy and entertained.

"Something Blue" for the name of your drink is PERFECT!  ......i may actually be stealing that from you hehe
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards