Wisconsin

Legal wording for ceremony?

I am not normally on these boards, but I thought you ladies would be a great place to turn for this questions.

Can you tell me - is there certain wording that must be in the ceremony to make it legal in Wisconsin?

I am writing my own ceremony and just want to make sure I have everything I need.
Experienced infertility during first marriage, diagnosed with PCOS in 2008.
Married my amazing husband May 22, 2010
Became Step-Mom to 2 boys.
Husband had vasectomy in 2004 during first marriage.

Adoption Is Our Path!
Application sent March 29, 2011 First Meeting with CW: April 25, 2011 Final Visit and home visit: August 16, 2011
September, 2011 - told we are ready to be considered by birth parents. Officially WAITING!

Spring of 2012, we start to work with a Consultant and apply with a few agencies around the US

June 2012 - we are MATCHED
July 25, 2012 - Our SON was born in Arizona
August 8th, 2012 - we flew home with our baby
Awaiting Finalization

My Blog

Re: Legal wording for ceremony?

• maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As far as I know, all you really need is a JOP, a wedding license, and a couple of witnesses. A couple of "Do you"s and "I do"s and you should be good to go.

I think the legality of it has to do more with who is performing the marriage and the signing of the wedding license vs the actual wording of the ceremony.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.. we aren't doing the official "I do" wording, but I think what we have will suffice.

Now the whole officiant thing is another stressor thing.  I'm so worried the online ordination thing will end up being illegal.
    Experienced infertility during first marriage, diagnosed with PCOS in 2008.
    Married my amazing husband May 22, 2010
    Became Step-Mom to 2 boys.
    Husband had vasectomy in 2004 during first marriage.

Adoption Is Our Path!
    Application sent March 29, 2011 First Meeting with CW: April 25, 2011 Final Visit and home visit: August 16, 2011
    September, 2011 - told we are ready to be considered by birth parents. Officially WAITING!

Spring of 2012, we start to work with a Consultant and apply with a few agencies around the US

June 2012 - we are MATCHED
    July 25, 2012 - Our SON was born in Arizona
    August 8th, 2012 - we flew home with our baby
    Awaiting Finalization

My Blog
  • edited December 2011
    as far as I know their isn't...I looked too but didn't find anything and they never asked anything about it when we got the license. We did the online ordination thing. just make sure to have the letter of sponsorship if the person lives out of state otherwise its super easy and not an issue. If you need more info email me....we just went through all this a few month ago!
    KRHagen November 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards