California-Los Angeles
Options

Wedding Cake in Santa Barbara

Who loved their cake?  I'd love some suggestions!
Thanks!

Re: Wedding Cake in Santa Barbara

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Fess Parker Doubletree Hotel in SB and our cake was included in our package there.  We could choose between Montecito Confections and Anna's Bakery and decided to go with Montecito Confections.  We worked with the owner, Katie Scott who was so fun and easy to work with.  We went to the tasting and everything was so fresh and delicious!  2 weeks before the wedding, our guest count dropped and the hotel notified Katie that we'd only need a 3 tiered cake now (we had selected a 4 tiered style).  Instead of cutting out one layer and one of our flavors, Katie showed up on our wedding day with the 4 tiered cake we had picked out!  The cake was amazing!  Most guests went back for seconds and commented on how great the cake tasted and looked.  I highly recommend Montecito Confections!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married in SB, but the Four Seasons made my cake for me so I didn't need a baker. BUT, when I was hiring other vendors in Santa Barbara they always had Montecito Confections on the recommendation list and I've heard great things about them. Also, you should try The Bread Basket in Camarillo. I can't say enough good things about their cakes. I think they are a little pricy, but you pay for what you get. HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely loved our cake by Christine Dahl www.santabarbaracakes.com

I just had a cake a delicious cake yeterday by Jana's Creative Cakes.  www.janascreativecakes.com
  • Options
    csunsweetiecsunsweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake was from Montecito confections and it was amazing! She color matched the fondant to the exact light shade of tiffany blue I wanted. Although I only had the piece DH fed me. But many folks said it was the best tasting fondant they ever had! And the cake too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used Christine Dahl- the cake was to die for!!! She makes everything from scratch- no mixes. 
    www.santabarbaracakes.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards