Ohio-Toledo
Options

QOTD 7/17

What pre-wedding beauty routines will you take part in that you don't normally do?
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: QOTD 7/17

• Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a manicure which I never do.  I went tanning a few times too which I've only done before a few occassions.  That was it!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got a manicure.  I used White Strips for a few days, but I mostly kept forgetting about them, so I don't think that counts.  I did start using a Mary Kay facial mask weekly a few weeks before the wedding.  It made my skin look amazing, so I'm really glad  I used it!

No tanning for me, though.  I'm ridiculously pale, so I don't think a few times would even be noticable : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on getting a manicure and a pedicure which it isn't weird for me to have my nails done because I ALWAYS do my nails...it's weird for me to pay someone else to do them. I've also been tanning a bit and MOH also has facial appointments set up for everyone.
  • Options
    nyreknyrek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went all out...
    About 10 months ago I embraced a huge lifestyle change and dropped about 35 pounds!  Yay!  I got invisalign braces.  I had a mani and a pedi a fwe dyas before the wedding...both of which I had never done before.  I'm not a huge tanner...but tanned much more regularly to avoid tan lines. 

I also splurged on the Brazilian Blowout for my hair...which is supposed to make it smooth and shiny for about 3 to 4 months.  Spent almost $300.00 after tip, and it lasted about 3 weeks.  Absolute waste.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I might go tanning a couple times.  I never do that... I'm paranoid of getting some kind of fungus from the tanning beds, so I'll need to find a stand up one in Colorado...

I'm getting a manicure and a pedicure since I'm wearing open toed shoes.  I've never gotten either of them before.  And probably a facial or 2.  I do love getting facials...
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, haven't really thought about it.  I have never gotten a mani or a pedi so maybe I will try one of those.  I would like to lose some weight as well.  A facial sounds like a good idea as well.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a mani and pedi too, but otherwise nothing too special. :)
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally took up yoga to help with the stress of work and bills and wedding stuff. It has helped me so much. i go 2x a week.

i have been worling out atleast once a week -- but i must admit my addiction to fast food is not helping this problem...

I am def having a pre-hair and make up appt. and im def getting mani/pedi bc i am a fingernail biter (nervous habit -- i know, totally gross... lol).  I may have a facial but it depends on my money situation at that point...
    Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust. Love still stands when all else has fallen. Corinthians 13:7-8 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    k22tk22t member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    none.    i did my nails the day before and touched up the day off, but that was it.   i would've loved to get a massage the day before, but time and money didn't allow it.
    Kris....I'm finally a Mrs! 10/11/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards