New York-Hudson Valley

Just venting a bit!

I am 16 days away from my wedding!  I kept telling myself all the big stuff was done and I wouldn't really have to worry about anything.

Well, it turns out that the little stuff is killer!  I left all the DIYs to after school got out ( I am a teacher).  Now, I am running around like a chicken without its head.  Why did I do this to myself? 

And on top of all that, we just decided to move in August, so I have to start packing too.  Geez, I need a massage! 

Hope everyone else's planning is going well~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Just venting a bit!

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear all that... good luck with it all, have Fi help and do a little at a time.  My planning is fine but I'm so early into it. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like chocolate and wine are in order...though maybe not together!
    WriterLisaDale * My Blog Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breath
    Tackle one thing at a time
    Breath
    Enlist some help
    Rest
    Breath =)

• edited December 2011
    I would not even think of packing yet - that is just way too much to handle!!!

You can get it done, just set aside some hours every day now that you are off.
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Relax!

You still have some time!

Ask for help!

Devote the weekend to wedding stuff. Not go crazy, but you have some time. And during the days that are left too. Prioritize. Remember, if something little doesn't get done, no one will notice it. What's most important to you?

I did my favors, programs and bows on bubbles the weekend before. Hotel bags after our rehearsal dinner was over. And did my place cards the day before the wedding.

And it all worked out ok.

There were other details that I wanted to do, but even though they never got done it was all ok. No one knew. I also never got around to getting a shot list for our photographer, and even though there are some pictures that I would have liked, I feel that our day was captured beautifully.

Other stuff - a note on the bathroom baskets, a message for the guest book, a thank you sign, arrows to the after-lounge - it would have been nice to have, but none of our guests noticed that they weren't there.

It will be ok. You will be a beautiful bride and will have a wonderful wedding day!

(And if you are able, wait to start the packing and moving!)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone who wrote back!  I am much calmer today.  I have gotten quite a bit done.  I am in a holding pattern until the programs are finished being printed and the card stock arrives.   I got the ribbon and such for the OOT boxes.  I am going to be decorating those today and seeing how much I can fit in and what I still need to get.

I actually packed up the whole living room yesterday too!  Things are feeling much more doable now.

Unfortunately, there are few friends here locally and most people won't be here until the day before.  I am already starting to look for recruits for various jobs!

Thanks again ladies :)
    Melissa
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards