Moms and Maids
Options

Opinions please

Do you think this would make a nice bridesmaids gift? Think maybe good for the wedding and can be used again

Re: Opinions please

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have no need for that after the wedding (or really for the wedding if I wouldn't be carrying it down the aisle).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's very bride-y :) As a BM gift, I must admit it wouldnt thrill me.
    Where did you find it tho?? I love it :) would go perfect with my dress!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't have any use for a white evening bag, either.
    The bm gifts should not be accessories that you want them to use for your wedding. Buy each of them something that suits their individual interests.

• Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It screams wedding to me and just overall isn't my style. I wouldn't have any use for it after the wedding, or maybe even during depending on where I can leave my stuff and carrying flowers down the aisle.
  • Options
    Kate61487Kate61487 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    yeah I have to agree with PPs - It's really not my style so I would never use it again after the wedding.

But you know your BMs - would THEY like it?  have you ever seen them carry something like it?  If you picked it because it's their taste then go for it.  If you picked it bc it will look pretty with their BM dresses I'd keep looking...
  • Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Where do you think someone would use it again.?
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I have agree that it screams wedding and bride.  The gift you give your girls is what you would buy them for a birthday or Christmas.  Nothing to use for the wedding, and the idea that they have to match is something the wedding industry has cooked up.

I didn't mean for that to sound mean or snarky - hope it didn't.  I just see wedding when I look at that purse.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  Sorry.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not at all....it's very wedding-looking.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    stockholm08stockholm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Not the responses I was expecting but it was the responses I needed. I'll stick to personal individual gifts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good call OP!  Shop as if it was each of their birthdays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards