Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hunger Games Commercial . . .

I just saw it and it looks GOOOOOOD!!!  I had seen little snippet ones but this was a long, in depth commercial.  Got me all excited!!

Has anyone else seen it?

Re: Hunger Games Commercial . . .

• Options
    I want it to come on again!!  I have to work the weekend it comes out.  It's a big exercise weekend and I don't think I'll be able to leave the base but SOMEHOW I have to figure out how to see it right away. 

P.S.  Whenever I say that we have an exercise at work FI asks me if I'll be doing jumping jacks. 
  • Options
    Oooo - maybe I can do that.  Probably have to go alone though and be the weird alone girl in the theater.  Well . . . is that weird?  I don't think I've ever gone to the movies by myself now that I think about it.
  • Options
    I really want to see this commercial! I got tickets for Friday 3/23 at 730pm. I hate that I can't see it at midnight but there's no way I can go to work on 3 hours of sleep & I can't take off :( Meg I saw Inglourious Basterds by myself!

• Options
    RDR, you just made me feel better!!  I'm gonna try to find tickets (or, ticket in this case) and make it happen!
  • Options
    I didn't see the commerical yet either.  I will be on vacation still opening weekend. I will have to wait until the following weekend to see it.

Anniversary

• Options
    I just checked Fandango . . . previews are on there!!
  • Options
    I cannot wait!!! :) The 22nd is one year anniversary with BF and I told him I want to go for our big day lol! He's busy reading the book now ^_^

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I made BF watch a trailer for it today and he wasn't very interested. I read all 3 books in 4 days while on vacation and now I'm obsessed. BF is working the day it comes out so I will have to go see it by myself or convince someone I know to come see it with me, unfortunately I don't know many people in town and the ones I do know aren't into the Hunger Games :( This may require a road trip to the closest person on here who's into the movie
  • Options
    I saw it last night and got ridiculously excited!
    5/27/12
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I have also purchased my tickets for the midnight showing.
    Hunger Games have broken the early ticket sale record:
    http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/02/hunger-games-breaks-early-ticket-sales-record-set-twilight-saga-eclipse

And the previews and promo are easily found here at IMBD:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392170/

I think I'm going to have to read the books again. Does Katniss give Prim the pin in the book?

I guess I'll be very interested to see how close the movie is to the book.

ETA: And it looks like Catching Fire will be released a week after Breaking Dawn: Part 2. November 2012 will be a VERY BIG month for the movie theaters.

And if you're insane like me- this is a cool "look at the trailers"- http://leakynews.com/hungergamestrailer1-closerlook/
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Lunar, good catch about the mockingjay pin; in the book Madge gives it to her right before she leaves for the games. I noticed that too in the preview. Not sure how that will affect the storyline but I can't wait to see!!

ETA:  Just found out one of the other girl pilots in my squadron loves the series too; buying us tickets NOW!!
  • Options
    I missed it but thanks for the links :)

I find the change about the pin to be really weird.  I'm really hoping the movie is good, I can't stand when they change a lot from the books.  I'll have to start looking for a date that BF and I can go.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I purchased my ticket to see it in IMAX down here...by myself.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    I doubt bf and I will go see it opening night, but maybe the following weekend. I just read the books, loved the story. I hope that the movie turns out at least half as well as the books did!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards