Maryland
Options

Crazy Question...Maybe not

When you take engagement photos, what do you do with them?  I know some people use them to announce in newspapers and such.  But other than that, what else?

Thanks
Tameka

Re: Crazy Question...Maybe not

• Options
    I think a good idea is to give them to your parents/family as gifts
  • Options
    Niiice!  I like that idea... framed and etc
  • Options
    I want to take some.  Just have no clue if I was supposed to do something in particular with them.  But I was thinking about scrapbooking this event: my wedding, the searches for dresses, reception halls etc etc...  I missed out on taking some pics when we looked at a few reception sites.  that would've been cute to put in my scrapbook
  • Options
    We used MyPublisher to make a coffee table book with them; used them on our rehearsal dinner invitations; used them on our table numbers for the rehearsal diner (Ikea tolsby frame with table number on one side, photo on the other); matted and framed one to use as a guestbook, and then hung it in our bedroom; and used them in the favors we made (a cookbook filled with out favorite recipes). Oh, and Mr. Lk and I each have a framed photo on our desks at work. You can also display them at your wedding (on a clothesline, pinboard, etc.), use them as part of your centerpieces(e.g. put one in a mason jar filled with olive oil for a vintage look), use them on your save the date card or invitation, and use them on your wedding website. I am sure other clever people can come up with even more ideas. :)
  • Options
    I will make a scrap book, give framed photos away to parents, family, friends, put em on facebook, use them to make STDs, and my photographer will show them along with wedding shots during our reception.  It's also just fun to do.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    It was a lot of fun AND very helpful for us.  We were really able to get to know our photographer ahead of time, so we were able to be more comfortable in front of her camera the day of the wedding. 

Otherwise it would have been kinda awkward- Knock-knock, Hello, shake hands, come right in and watch me strip down so you can photo me putting on my dress. 

Instead it was- Knock-Knock, Hi, Hugs, Squeeling, Ohing and Ahing over dress and all the details, More Squeeling, Photog and Mom making sure I ate something, strip down to put dress on.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    myfaith3myfaith3 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    CUTE!!!!
  • Options
    You can use them for part of the centerpieces on the tables, or have a memory table showing those photos and your families.
    my FI wants to get engagement photos done because we have maybe 3-4 good photos together, mostly from my college graduations lol. we both arent camera people so after 6 years i guess its time to get tons of photos done between the engagement photos and the wedding. lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My nephew had them mounted on magnets and sent them out as the "save the date" reminder.  My sister does all those kind of little things for weddings.  Let me know if you would like to contact her to help you out.  Oh and I am a wedding cake designer and would love to set up a cake tasting when you are ready contact me through my web site www.glitteringimagescakedesigns.come or e-mail me at glitteringimages@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards