Plus-Sized

MOH Not around

Hello Ladies, 
So i dont want to step on any toes and neither do my other maids. My MOH is going to be half way across the country California to be exact till my wedding. The other girls have been asking about the bridal shower, and party. My MOH had a baby about 2 weeks ago so the wedding has been the farther thing from either of our minds when we talk. 
i was wondering what is the best way to ask her what her plans are for my party and shower? i dont want her to feel un included but i dont want to leave the other girls hanging either. The other girls want her to be included so much that they offered to fly me out to California and have my shower and party out there so she didnt have to miss out on this exciting event since she didnt have a bridal shower or party for her own wedding. 
I am open to ideas and suggestions on how to go about this. PLEASE help me. i love her to death and the last thing i want is for her to feel like im saying "sh*t or get off the pot" 

Re: MOH Not around

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_moh-not-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1aa7dc17-5b68-40f2-9f8f-968ded40a56bPost:cc662ae5-2b8e-4ad0-b5f8-aa9084e675d3">MOH Not around</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello Ladies,  So i dont want to step on any toes and neither do my other maids. My MOH is going to be half way across the country California to be exact till my wedding. The other girls have been asking about the bridal shower, and party. My MOH had a baby about 2 weeks ago so the wedding has been the farther thing from either of our minds when we talk.  <strong>i was wondering what is the best way to ask her what her plans are for my party and shower?</strong> i dont want her to feel un included but i dont want to leave the other girls hanging either. The other girls want her to be included so much that they offered to fly me out to California and have my shower and party out there so she didnt have to miss out on this exciting event since she didnt have a bridal shower or party for her own wedding.  I am open to ideas and suggestions on how to go about this. PLEASE help me. i love her to death and the last thing i want is for her to feel like im saying "sh*t or get off the pot" 
    Posted by tiffielynn91[/QUOTE]

You should have your BMs contact her (Phone, Skype, Email, FB, text, etc) to gather infomation and see if/what they will be planning for you. You shouldn't be planning anything for yourself.

That's my suggestion. Your BMs/MoH should have some way of contacting each other without always having to go through you. If they want to surprise you with something then they most likely will want to contact each other.

Hope that helps!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • Well, the MOH and BM don't HAVE to throw you a party. So unless she offered to host one for you, I wouldn't ask her about it. All your MOH and BMs are responsible for is getting their dress and attending your wedding. Anything else besides that is up to them if they decide to do that for you.

If she has offered to host a shower or a bachelorette for you, then she'll probably take care of it. You could give your BMs her number, but I wouldn't do that without her permission first.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ask your MOH if you can share her email/ phone/ preferred contact info with the BMs.  Then you can pass along that info to the other girls.  Then your BM can contact MOH and politely ask if she had anything planned or if they could plan something.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • You don't ask her. If you other BM want to know they should contact your MOH in some way. If they want to give you a shower that is great but they don't have too. And you should never have hand in planning your own shower or B-party unless they as for your input.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_moh-not-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1aa7dc17-5b68-40f2-9f8f-968ded40a56bPost:e031b619-fdee-4656-90c2-a7b9d4528e8b">Re: MOH Not around</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, the MOH and BM don't HAVE to throw you a party. So unless she offered to host one for you, I wouldn't ask her about it. All your MOH and BMs are responsible for is getting their dress and attending your wedding. Anything else besides that is up to them if they decide to do that for you. If she has offered to host a shower or a bachelorette for you, then she'll probably take care of it. You could give your BMs her number, but I wouldn't do that without her permission first.
    Posted by justdance93[/QUOTE]

<div>like i said my MOH the wedding is the farthest thing from her mind. but the other girls really want to have  a shower and a party. but they dont want to step on toes</div>
  • Thanks girls. the BM's were asking me for ideas. i told them my MOH wasnt going to be around, but if all possable i really wanted to include her. I just kinda want to know how to go about asking her how involved she wants to be. 
  • Are any of them family members? I would have the closest BM to you/the one thatknows your family best send her an email or give her a call. Tell her to gently bring up the subject and say something like oh well a few ladies in our family have been asking if there was a shower in the works or something along those lines. See if she has anything planned. If she doesn't have anything planned, and the other BMs want to throw something, they can find creative ways to keep her in the loop (have her send a video or skype in or something). Perhaps your bachelorette party can be you guys going to Cali to see her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_moh-not-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:1aa7dc17-5b68-40f2-9f8f-968ded40a56bPost:4dcc9108-c688-49c2-8663-61cabf1e27e7">Re: MOH Not around</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are any of them family members? I would have the closest BM to you/the one thatknows your family best send her an email or give her a call. Tell her to gently bring up the subject and say something like oh well a few ladies in our family have been asking if there was a shower in the works or something along those lines. See if she has anything planned. If she doesn't have anything planned, and the other BMs want to throw something, they can find creative ways to keep her in the loop (have her send a video or skype in or something). Perhaps your bachelorette party can be you guys going to Cali to see her.
    Posted by nicolej518[/QUOTE]

<div>2 of the bridemaids are my sisterinlaws to be. the others are just close friends. my MOH is kinda the odd man out since she was a friend my paramedic class. and the rest are either highschool or college friends. I am going to see her today, since she just had a baby. I hope she kinda brings it up. and if she does i may just gently say that the oter girls were wondering. i dont want to sound really pushy or like a b*tch or anything though because the shower and the party are not a big deal to me but my BM's are getting a little ansy about the shower and stuff. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards